Dial type torque wrench, sorry I'm dense
01-29-2017, (Subject: Dial type torque wrench, sorry I'm dense ) 
Dial type torque wrench, sorry I'm dense
Why exactly is it required for an injector installation?

I could say I searched here and Google and that wouldn't be a complete lie.

Thanks
replyreply
RE: Dial type torque wrench, sorry I'm dense
Have you open a quickserve account they are free for 5 vin numbers. This will give you the answer to all your questions. But to answer your question you will need a torque wrench to torque the injector and the rocker shaft a 3/8 footlbs from 0-75 will work. For setting the injector you will need a dial type for 71inch lbs.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
Yes, I looked at the procedure. I'll re-phrase the question: Why can't a click type torque wrench be used as the procedure looks very specific as to the torque values.

Thanks
replyreply
I have used a click type it works you have to be mindful of when it's coming. Pull slow and consistent. I think they want you to use dial type because you have to pull slow and consistent to get a good reading it makes it dummy proof. I use a digital.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
Torque the injectors down to 82 in lbs. You will notice a difference in how it runs. It will also save you from having a leaking injector caused by it having low preload if your top end service is prolonged. So if you set it to 82 in lbs and they loosen off a bit over time then chances are you will still be at or over the 71 in lb spec. I have had very good success with this method. I have had engines come in for service and the injector preloads were in the 50's. 2 of them were leaking as the low preload allowed combustion pressure to carbon up the pintle inside and fail the test.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Waterloo
I'm just making a wishlist of tools, hopefully won't be needing them anytime soon. But I will be peeking under the valve cover for the first time this coming weekend, so I would like to have at least the required tools for an o/h. Again, hiopefully that is all I will need(fingers crossed).
replyreply
And just to be perfectly clear, the adapter for barring the engine on the 2250 is a 3/4" square female? Their wonderful illustration makes it look like there is a socket attached to the breaker bar.

Thanks
replyreply
01-30-2017, (Subject: Dial type torque wrench, sorry I'm dense ) 
(01-29-2017 )fargonaz Wrote:  And just to be perfectly clear, the adapter for barring the engine on the 2250 is a 3/4" square female? Their wonderful illustration makes it look like there is a socket attached to the breaker bar.

Thanks

Yes, a 3/4" ratchet with a short 3" extension. The square drive of the short extension will fit into the drive bracket that is attached to the front of the compressor drive gear. The ratchet alone will not quite reach.
An overhead on a 2250/2350 tool list is;
1)in/lb torque wrench (@ 177in/lbs) with a 13mm crows foot adapter. This will be for the lock nut on the Jake rocker. The adjuster bolt is a 4mm Allen head wrench.
2)ft/lb torque wrench (@ 33ft/lbs) with a 19mm crows foot adapter. This will be for the lock nut on both the intake and exhaust rocker arms. The adjuster bolt is a 6mm Allen wrench.
3)a feeler gauge set. With 0.014" (intake), 0.027" (exhaust), and 0.276" for the Jake rocker. If your set does not have a 0.027, just stack the 0.014 & 0.013. You could buy a Cummins 7mm/0.276" feeler, but if you get a thick set, you can just measure 0.276" and save yourself about $60.
4)the aforementioned 3/4" ratchet and short extension.
5)either a printed or the digital copy of the procedure from Quickserve.
6)you do not require the dial type torque wrench to set the preload on the injectors. You don't have the cam driven injectors.
Plus a 10mm socket to undo the rocker cover, and misc other tools to remove the necessary things that will impede access to the rocker cover, oil fill, and probably the intake to CAC Jose to allow room to bar the motor. A good light is handy to have as well. Some rags or paper towels, you are working inside the motor after all, so there is oil present. And a desir to learn...
IMPORTANT: verify the above torque and clearance specs in Quickserve. You want to perform this procedure with a dead cold engine. Quickserve says below 140*. Dead cold is better IMHO.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , fargonaz , Waterloo
01-30-2017, (Subject: Dial type torque wrench, sorry I'm dense ) 
Here is a nice in/lb dial indicator torque wrench that I purchased.

https://amzn.to/2LlQZ5r

Says something like a Snap On company on the lid of the blow case it comes in.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.