oil in my radiator Reservoir
01-31-2017, (Subject: oil in my radiator Reservoir ) 
RE: oil in my radiator Reservoir
(01-31-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-31-2017 )Nilao Wrote:  The transmission cooler is part of the radiator. If it leaks you have to replace the radiator or convert it to an air cooler and put pipe plugs into the cooler ports on the radiator.

Every truck is slightly different. Some are in the tranny itself, some are in a heat exchanger on top of the tranny, some are air cooled only (like mine), some are in radiator.

I did not know they were the internally cooled or on the top of the transmission as well. Thanks for the heads up.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
Yes, mine is a heat exchanger mounted to the top of the tranny. Paccar usses this type primarily, (unless internal cooler) but for some stupid reason KW & Pete have different port outputs???
My tranny oil emulsion coloring was grayish/silver, with red coolant.

I'm not saying this is the OP's problem, just suggesting to do oil analasys to properly eliminate all coolant used components from the equation first. I'd hate to see you spend the time & $$ on an engine oil cooler to next week find out it was your tranny.

Here is a pic of the emulsion scraped out of the surge tank from my issue.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
ok i called dealership and they looked up that mines are air cooled so its in the radiator. now when flushing the antifreeze fluid out how much dawn so you put so it dosnt over flow with bubbles.
replyreply
I don't use Dawn, this is what I used to flush my cooling system after my incident.
http://www.cumminsfiltration.com/russia/...024-GB.pdf

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
02-01-2017, (Subject: oil in my radiator Reservoir ) 
(01-31-2017 )Navarrotruckinginc Wrote:  ok i called dealership and they looked up that mines are air cooled so its in the radiator. now when flushing the antifreeze fluid out how much dawn so you put so it dosnt over flow with bubbles.

DO NOT PUT ANY KIND OF DISH WASHING LIQUID IN YOUR RADIATOR!!!! --- NOT EVEN CASCADE OR OTHER DISHWASHER SOAPS EITHER!!! -- I MADE THIS MISTAKE ON MY OWN TRUCK!!!

WHAAAAATTTT A F3#######KERING NIGHTMERE,.. TRYING TO GET ALLL THE GDDMMMM SUDS OUT OF IT!!! ---

I must have flushed the damn radiator 20 times or more, and it STILL would foam up after a couple days and cause problems!. I tried everything to get rid of it, driving it, pulling it apart and flushing out different parts of the system,.. etc.etc.etc. -- WHAT A NIGHTMERE!!! -- I FAUGHT THIS PROBLEM FOR WEEKS! AND IT KEPT RUINING MY COOLANT AFTER I THOUGHT IT HAD IT ALL OUT THEN FILLED IT!.

Use the restore products like hammerhead suggested. That is your best bet.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Toolguy
Cummins RESTORE works good for flushing oil out off radiator.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
(02-01-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-31-2017 )Navarrotruckinginc Wrote:  ok i called dealership and they looked up that mines are air cooled so its in the radiator. now when flushing the antifreeze fluid out how much dawn so you put so it dosnt over flow with bubbles.

DO NOT PUT ANY KIND OF DISH WASHING LIQUID IN YOUR RADIATOR!!!! --- NOT EVEN CASCADE OR OTHER DISHWASHER SOAPS EITHER!!! -- I MADE THIS MISTAKE ON MY OWN TRUCK!!!

WHAAAAATTTT A F3#######KERING NIGHTMERE,.. TRYING TO GET ALLL THE GDDMMMM SUDS OUT OF IT!!! ---

I must have flushed the damn radiator 20 times or more, and it STILL would foam up after a couple days and cause problems!. I tried everything to get rid of it, driving it, pulling it apart and flushing out different parts of the system,.. etc.etc.etc. -- WHAT A NIGHTMERE!!! -- I FAUGHT THIS PROBLEM FOR WEEKS! AND IT KEPT RUINING MY COOLANT AFTER I THOUGHT IT HAD IT ALL OUT THEN FILLED IT!.

Use the restore products like hammerhead suggested. That is your best bet.

The visual of this just made my day! Thanks for the laugh.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: 386lover , Signature620 , hhow55
calgonite powdered water softener. im telling you its the best, even better than restore.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: in2trux , hhow55 , 386lover
(02-01-2017 )Unilevers Wrote:  calgonite powdered water softener. im telling you its the best, even better than restore.

What quantity or ratio?

I've heard that one before. Soft water is well known for its cleaning better.
I've also heard old school guys say Borax, and phosphate free Tri Sodium Phosphate.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.