ISX 2350 485
02-01-2017, (Subject: ISX 2350 485 ) 
RE: ISX 2350 485
(02-01-2017 )zare6 Wrote:  Id like to hear from others with this engine to see how high their boost is. Thanks
32-33 max from the factory brand new.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Rawze
(02-01-2017 )mmssvv Wrote:  
(02-01-2017 )zare6 Wrote:  Id like to hear from others with this engine to see how high their boost is. Thanks
32-33 max from the factory brand new.
I have same 32 - 33 psi max
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Thanks gentleman, I'm going to put a manual boost gage on it to test my sending unit
replyreply
(02-01-2017 )zare6 Wrote:  One more thing as far as the ecm is concerned, I ordered this truck new so nobody touched the ecm, and I own 3 others with cats, the trucks work side by side and I monitor the fuel mileage daily, my cats used 40 to 50 litres a day more for the first 100000 miles or so, now the cummins is using 20 to 40 litres ( 5 to 10 gallons)

You cannot compare boost and other reading from cat to cummins 2350. Engines are totally different including compression ratios, fueling, boost, everything, literally.

===

I have seen a few 2350 engines boost up to 38-lbs. Even a couple that did it new from the factory. It is actually not normal and is too high for them. It should peak around 32-33 max, but the OEM shops will ignore it because it does not throw a CEL.

Too high boost (or low) can be caused by many different things, including NOx sensors and emissions system components. Usually though, it is caused by the IMAP, exhaust back-pressure, and/EGR differential pressure sensor not reading correctly. It can also be caused by the Altitude sensor reading incorrectly, and it thinks you are at a higher altitude, and need more oxygen in the cylinders.

It can also be from the wrong program in it, and don't think for a minute that just because no one has touched it but the stealership, that it could not have been altered. I have seen it plenty. -- It also may simply be that the ECM has an out of date file that is causing over-boost, and it needs an update.

-- Your biggest mistake so far is the fact that you keep taking it to morons (OEM stealerships). Keep doing that and you will eventually end like all the rest of the guys who fail at trucking, or are completely broke all the damn time, tens of thousands in lost revenue while they guess at your problems over and over.

===

Throw that warranty in the trash can, go make an appointment wit Mr. Hag's shop, gearheads shop, or with Unilevers and never look back while you still have a good chance towards turning it into a decent engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: the missing link , Hammerhead
02-02-2017, (Subject: ISX 2350 485 ) 
(02-01-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  You cannot compare boost and other reading from cat to cummins 2350. Engines are totally different including compression ratios, fueling, boost, everything, literally.

===

I have seen a few 2350 engines boost up to 38-lbs. Even a couple that did it new from the factory. It is actually not normal and is too high for them. It should peak around 32-33 max, but the OEM shops will ignore it because it does not throw a CEL.

Too high boost (or low) can be caused by many different things, including NOx sensors and emissions system components. Usually though, it is caused by the IMAP, exhaust back-pressure, and/EGR differential pressure sensor not reading correctly. It can also be caused by the Altitude sensor reading incorrectly, and it thinks you are at a higher altitude, and need more oxygen in the cylinders.

It can also be from the wrong program in it, and don't think for a minute that just because no one has touched it but the stealership, that it could not have been altered. I have seen it plenty. -- It also may simply be that the ECM has an out of date file that is causing over-boost, and it needs an update.

-- Your biggest mistake so far is the fact that you keep taking it to morons (OEM stealerships). Keep doing that and you will eventually end like all the rest of the guys who fail at trucking, or are completely broke all the damn time, tens of thousands in lost revenue while they guess at your problems over and over.

===

Throw that warranty in the trash can, go make an appointment wit Mr. Hag's shop, gearheads shop, or with Unilevers and never look back while you still have a good chance towards turning it into a decent engine.
I read the bold paragraph as more of a fuel consumption comparison, not boost comparison. Hope I'm not wrong on that. Higher static compression requires less boost to accomplish the exact same final compression, that's why the 870, 871...have higher boost, they have less static compression.

The rest of Rawze's post is the truth. Sometimes the truth can be brutal and people don't want to face the fact that the guys with the big fancy buildings and the nice smiles that treat you so nice really aren't trying to help you. They are trying to help themselves to your wallet. They're just like the mob, so nice to deal with as long as they're fleecing you. Once you really learn what's going on, and take matters into your own hands, your very expensive warranty is void and they don't wanna have time to talk to you anymore.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , snailexpress
02-02-2017, (Subject: ISX 2350 485 ) 
Hi wasn't comparing boost pressures my cats are way higher (acerts) I was comparing fuel mileage, I ordered a new Imap sensor and going to try that, I own a successful environmental construction company and I am far from broke however what got me here are cat engines, this is the first Cummins in the fleet. [/i]
replyreply
02-03-2017, (Subject: ISX 2350 485 ) 
(02-02-2017 )zare6 Wrote:  Hi wasn't comparing boost pressures my cats are way higher (acerts) I was comparing fuel mileage, I ordered a new Imap sensor and going to try that, I own a successful environmental construction company and I am far from broke however what got me here are cat engines, this is the first Cummins in the fleet. [/i]

Well, an IMAP sensor is not a magic bullet.
An IMAP is a starting point. A very key point, every single air/fuel ratio, timing, emissions, combustion manager, misfire prediction, EGR %, turbo closing %, you name it ALL BEGINS & ENDS with the IMAP. It may be the foundation, but it's not the entire equation. Think of it like this: E=M. We all know the rest of the equation, but without the "C2" it don't mean jack.
Perform a thorough EGR tuneup on it. This means new; IMAP, exh gas b/p sensor, delta p sensor(EGR diff press sensor), EGR system removal and cleaning (good god this is a messy job), overhead valve adjustment and component inspection, Insite forced regen, and then you are on the right track. It sucks, but after treatment systems require maintenance. I don't give a rat's backside what the dealer told you, cause I learned the hard way.
Diligence.
Maintenance.
Care & Attention.
With these systems intact, you have the above three legged stool. You're smart enough to know what happens to a two legged, three legged stool.
It's a nuisance, I know, but it must be done.

And I don't care what anybody says, Cat is our biggest customer, and their system are absolutely NO better. Welcome to the modern age, where the EPA is trying to mandate reliability out of our business. As far as they are concerned, our engines are soot filters that require changing every 400k miles.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Rawze , DSTdriver , zare6 , overshot , simon999
A lot of these engines came this way stock nothing you can change parts wise will change your boost. If you want it to go lower it will require custom tuning for sure trust me i know.Your truck is not the first. This is very common 80% of cm2350 and cm2250 push 38psi. It all boils down to the end result cylinder pressure which cannot be measured on this engine definitively. With that being said charge flow is more important than psi but they both effect the end result. which is cylinder pressure. Lets say you have 100lbs per minute at 40psi with one turbo and with another turbo you can have 100lbs per minute at 35psi same thing at the end of the day with cylinder pressure it is all about the volume of air not pressure this is why cummins uses this method of charge flow control. What is being stated is that 38psi is to much volume for that engine with higher compression ratio.
although cylinder pressure can be controlled with injection timing. The bottom line is the only way that your boost is going to drop is by custom tuning period. The ecm is doing what it was told to do. The motor will last longer by dropping boost down to about 34 to 35.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(02-03-2017 )gearhead Wrote:  A lot of these engines came this way stock nothing you can change parts wise will change your boost. If you want it to go lower it will require custom tuning for sure trust me i know.Your truck is not the first. This is very common 80% of cm2350 and cm2250 push 38psi. It all boils down to the end result cylinder pressure which cannot be measured on this engine definitively. With that being said charge flow is more important than psi but they both effect the end result. which is cylinder pressure. Lets say you have 100lbs per minute at 40psi with one turbo and with another turbo you can have 100lbs per minute at 35psi same thing at the end of the day with cylinder pressure it is all about the volume of air not pressure this is why cummins uses this method of charge flow control. What is being stated is that 38psi is to much volume for that engine with higher compression ratio.
although cylinder pressure can be controlled with injection timing. The bottom line is the only way that your boost is going to drop is by custom tuning period. The ecm is doing what it was told to do. The motor will last longer by dropping boost down to about 34 to 35.

gear head ole buddy , hi :D would u happen to know what the cylinder pressers are in the cummins and cat engines ? there Design operating paramators , i personally think they should have a cylinder press gauge instead of boost , but a boost gauge is the cheep easy route for manufactures
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.