Oil Leak, CM 871, up behind fuel pump
02-01-2017, (Subject: Oil Leak, CM 871, up behind fuel pump ) 
Oil Leak, CM 871, up behind fuel pump
I was getting ready to take off and got under the hood, started the motor and heard a ticking sound? Ticking sound stopped when the air compressor finished its job. Anyways, I popped the hood and discovered the side of the block on the driver's side is wet with oil or diesel, I honestly cannot tell, looks like oil, but not 100%. BUT my oil is low. Near as I can tell, without tearing everything apart, the leak is up behind the fuel actuators. I saw a 90* elbow coming out of the block with a line on it, and it is wet around it. What is behind the fuel actuators/fuel pump assembly that could be leaking oil?

Also, I checked the fuel filter, it is dry, as I almost thought it was diesel, but then again it could be. Hard to tell 100%. Winter grime and all, weather has been crap up here.

I am heading over to Quickserve right now...
replyreply
RE: Oil Leak, CM 871, up behind fuel pump
I broke the old mirror out, and behind the fuel filter is a sending unit that goes into the block. What sending unit is this? It is soaked and dripping with oil. Near as I can tell this is the source of my leak.
replyreply
Right behind the filter on the ISFM is the oil pressure sending unit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Signature620 , Waterloo
What about engine brake harness? In that general area and they notoriously leak and spread all down the block and around the intake manifold
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
As of now... Called the dealer, they know me by my VOICE on the phone... I get treated decent... Oil pressure sending sensor... Found it with the mirror... Justin the parts guy, my adopted son, sold their last one yesterday... Sending unit will be here at noon tomorrow... Just another day in my International ProStar nightmare... I think I would do better robbing banks.

Thank you all for the replies! ;-)
replyreply
02-02-2017, (Subject: Oil Leak, CM 871, up behind fuel pump ) 
(02-01-2017 )Nilao Wrote:  Right behind the filter on the ISFM is the oil pressure sending unit.

Yep, stuck my mirror up there, after I finished wetting my panties and discovered just that. What a F'ing nightmare, not one day can I get a break. Part is on order, seems that there is a spate of these lately, at least according to my parts guy... He knows me by my voice on the phone... I should change my name to Norm... Or maybe Cliff? ;-)
replyreply
02-02-2017, (Subject: Oil Leak, CM 871, up behind fuel pump ) 
(02-02-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(02-01-2017 )Nilao Wrote:  Right behind the filter on the ISFM is the oil pressure sending unit.

Yep, stuck my mirror up there, after I finished wetting my panties and discovered just that. What a F'ing nightmare, not one day can I get a break. Part is on order, seems that there is a spate of these lately, at least according to my parts guy... He knows me by my voice on the phone... I should change my name to Norm... Or maybe Cliff? ;-)

If you're getting one, might as well get two. I have always packed a second oil pressure sensor. Electronic engines almost always have shut downs or derates for oil pressure, so never leave home unprepared. Back in my grain hauling days, I had one take a crap on me 4hrs from the city. That stupid little sending unit cost me a fortune that day...never again!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.