Best place to buy parts?
02-01-2017, (Subject: Best place to buy parts? ) 
Best place to buy parts?
I'm just curious if there is a consensus as to where the best deals and availability. I've looked online but no one except ebay posts prices and I usually do my shopping after eveyone else is closed(good excuse huh?).

I'm in Phoenix, so I imagine either dealer or cummins would be available to me.

Thanks
replyreply
RE: Best place to buy parts?
I'd say shop around I seen 3 digit price swing just by walking across the street.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
Well, one thing I'm almost certain on is that, Cummins "can't beat a dealers price". So the many times I call Cummins they always tell me to seek what I'm looking for from a dealer for a better price (which the dealer will then buy it from Cummins per request and sell it like that)
replyreply
In Phoenix, check out fleetpride. If you ever make it to Houston area, just ask around, Or do a google search, TRUCK PARTS HOUSTON, TX

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , fargonaz
You will pay a lot more usually when the service department at a dealership bills you for parts, where as Mr Hagg passes on his discount to customers when he does a repair for you.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
If dealing with OEM dealers, I shop around and force them to give me the lowest price. Dealer A gave me this price, Dealer B gave me this price, can you beat it? Normally works for OEM parts. If it is not an emergency, I go to eBay. I picked up a brand new steering shaft there for $150, nib w/ free ship. The dealer was $500+. Heater core, $745 from International, Pete dealer had the same core for $200 shipped overnight for FREE. Coolant bottle, International dealer $745. Played the dealer game and got a nib International unit for $250, shipped free, and no tax. And yes, I know I could have gotten an aftermarket bottle cheaper, but that was after the fact.

FleetPride for everything else, set up a cash account, normally good for at least a 15%+ discount. I have one, and if the price is not right, they can fix that if you are a good customer. ;-) I pay cash, as I could not buy a free lunch on credit. And you can thank the piss poor International ProStar and Cummins motor for that. I buy mucho parts and am always on vacation drinking beer in my driveway fixing this POS.

And trust me, parts counters across the entire state of Michigan and Ohio know me. They are always happy to take my call. ;-) $$$$$$$$$
replyreply
02-02-2017, (Subject: Best place to buy parts? ) 
I don't mean to sound like a smart-ass and I'm not trying to be.
The answer to that is, it depends on when you need it, how bad you need it, and what your willing to pay when you need it. O and how far your willing to travel to get it when you have no choice you have to have it. Take it from experience I have lots of story's in regards to this reply.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , fargonaz
02-02-2017, (Subject: Best place to buy parts? ) 
(02-02-2017 )Johnboy Wrote:  I don't mean to sound like a smart-ass and I'm not trying to be.
The answer to that is, it depends on when you need it, how bad you need it, and what your willing to pay when you need it. O and how far your willing to travel to get it when you have no choice you have to have it. Take it from experience I have lots of story's in regards to this reply.

That is what we call reality... Trust me, along with ALL of US, have been there. ;-)
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.