2250 Thermostat Housing Aft sensor
02-02-2017, (Subject: 2250 Thermostat Housing Aft sensor ) 
2250 Thermostat Housing Aft sensor
I busted this removing the EGR tube, quickserve is sucking a$$ in trying to ID this. ./uploads/201702/post_2459_1486077205_a351a77e08b4dbcdadcbc4f8b431c694.jpg
replyreply
RE: 2250 Thermostat Housing Aft sensor
exhaust gas pressure sensor!

the fact that its still red isnt good, good thing you broke it!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Hammerhead , overshot
I'm just messing this up to no end. I forgot to align the fan clutch holes before I tore everything else apart... I guess I'll do that last.

Thanks for the nomenclature, I never would have guessed it being stuck on the the thermostat housing.
replyreply
02-03-2017, (Subject: 2250 Thermostat Housing Aft sensor ) 
(02-02-2017 )fargonaz Wrote:  I'm just messing this up to no end. I forgot to align the fan clutch holes before I tore everything else apart... I guess I'll do that last.

Thanks for the nomenclature, I never would have guessed it being stuck on the the thermostat housing.

Where are you located?
And oh yeah, don't worry about breaking that sensor off. You were gonna change it anyway, now it's much easier to remove...lmao
hint; 1-1/16" six point socket

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
(02-02-2017 )fargonaz Wrote:  I busted this removing the EGR tube, quickserve is sucking a$$ in trying to ID this.

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...40#pid1340

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
I'm east of Phoenix. I was able to get a 27mm on it. It was only 110 at my super friendly freightshaker dealer; at least I don't have to pay his labor.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: overshot
(02-03-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 )fargonaz Wrote:  I busted this removing the EGR tube, quickserve is sucking a$$ in trying to ID this.

Ya, after more reading and looking and reading and posting... I'm trying to read every thread when the time allows. Great site, great people and rock solid advise. I can't imagine someone owning one of these and not being a member here. Like the Duke said, "Life's tough, but it's a lot tougher..."

Going to do my overhead now, then replace the doser and sensors so I can get the engine running again to line up the holes to R&R the fan clutch. Then, I guess I'm going to pray that the fuel pump makes it another 10K(530K now) to the next round of maintenance.

Thanks
replyreply
 Thanks given by: overshot
(02-03-2017 )fargonaz Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  

Ya, after more reading and looking and reading and posting... I'm trying to read every thread when the time allows. Great site, great people and rock solid advise. I can't imagine someone owning one of these and not being a member here. Like the Duke said, "Life's tough, but it's a lot tougher..."

Going to do my overhead now, then replace the doser and sensors so I can get the engine running again to line up the holes to R&R the fan clutch. Then, I guess I'm going to pray that the fuel pump makes it another 10K(530K now) to the next round of maintenance.

Thanks

I would get that fuel pump updated asap. Because there is no warning when it gives up the ghost.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Rawze
Overhead went well once I found all the marks, the damper is corroded enough to make 'A' virtually unreadable. Went through twice, double checking everything. I started to make/record as found measurements, but it was just way too time consuming and ultimately of no consequence, and the 1 cylinder I did it on was within spec. The jake running clearances were all good at ~0.06.

The doser sucked due to clearance around the unit and the coolant unions wanting to spin with the b-nut; perseverance won. The old one(new style) was caked as suspected but at least it wasn't leaking coolant. The sensors were a piece of cake and all had minimal carbon build up.

If anyone can think of a reason not to re-fill the coolant system? Noting that I still have to replace the fan clutch(if I have to remove the radiator I'm screwed anyway.) I really want to do the leak check now!

I have a threaded insert in the radiator that is just spinning(coolant overflow tank) anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.