EGR Differential problem
03-05-2016, (Subject: EGR Differential problem ) 
EGR Differential problem
I bought a new EGR Differential Pressure sensor and swapped it in for the old original one. Drove about 200mi and then I get a MIL lamp. Code is:

Fault 3383: Engine Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System - Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range - Moderately Severe Level.

Is there a procedure I am supposed to follow to replace the Delta P, like a calibration in INSITE, or could it just be a faulty one? Figured it is just an easy remove, replace kind of deal. Made sure to remove the old O ring seals before I installed the new one with new seals.

User's Signature: 2012 Cascadia ISX15 CM2250
replyreply
03-05-2016, (Subject: EGR Differential problem ) 
RE: EGR Differential problem
No calibration to install it. Did you make sure the tubes were cleaned out?
replyreply
03-06-2016, (Subject: EGR Differential problem ) 
(03-05-2016 )Stir Wrote:  No calibration to install it. Did you make sure the tubes were cleaned out?

I didn't. I'll give that a shot tomorrow possibly. I don't have INSITE or INLINE 5, but the way things have been going the past couple of months, it's high priority now. I had the EGR valve, backpressure sensor, and a couple other things replaced, so I wanted to pretty well update the rest of the system as best as I could. Since the EGR valve is controlled by the Diff sensor, would a malfunction of either one cause turbo lag? Before I got the MIL lamp, I could put it to the floor at 55 and would only get 5-10psi boost sometimes. I put the old one back on, and haven't had any boost issues since. Forgive me if these are basic simple questions. Just trying to get a grasp on this 2250. Thanks!

replyreply
Rawze has videos on utube called egr tune up. It shows you all the sensors that need to be cleaned and everything you need to know to fix your issues. Your truck will thank you for it. As far as your boost issue is concerned that could be a number of things but try s egr tune up first then go from there.
replyreply
A dirty or malfunctioning IMAP sensor could cause that boost issue. It's part of the tuneup and only a 45 to 48 dollar part
replyreply
(03-06-2016 )trdodd07 Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 )Stir Wrote:  No calibration to install it. Did you make sure the tubes were cleaned out?

I didn't. I'll give that a shot tomorrow possibly. I don't have INSITE or INLINE 5, but the way things have been going the past couple of months, it's high priority now. I had the EGR valve, backpressure sensor, and a couple other things replaced, so I wanted to pretty well update the rest of the system as best as I could. Since the EGR valve is controlled by the Diff sensor, would a malfunction of either one cause turbo lag? Before I got the MIL lamp, I could put it to the floor at 55 and would only get 5-10psi boost sometimes. I put the old one back on, and haven't had any boost issues since. Forgive me if these are basic simple questions. Just trying to get a grasp on this 2250. Thanks!
Make sure you have exact same part # sensor and plug is going in all the way. I have seen it many times cummins sales you a wrong sensor. form first glance sensor are the same BUt plugs sligthly different or electrical characteristic is different for different CPL.
Don't buy this 5hit It WILL WORK OUR MECHANIC DO IT EVERYTIME
replyreply
(03-06-2016 )Stir Wrote:  Rawze has videos on utube called egr tune up.
I saw those videos and that is more or less what I am trying to do. I've had too much down time to take a few days to a week to get it all cleaned out, but once I get caught up, I will be tuning it up for sure.

(03-06-2016 )Stir Wrote:  A dirty or malfunctioning IMAP sensor could cause that boost issue. It's part of the tuneup and only a 45 to 48 dollar part
That was also replaced same time as the EGR Diff sensor. Didn't get any boost issues once I put the original Delta P back on.

(03-06-2016 )snailexpress Wrote:  Make sure you have exact same part # sensor and plug is going in all the way. I have seen it many times cummins sales you a wrong sensor. form first glance sensor are the same BUt plugs sligthly different or electrical characteristic is different for different CPL.
Don't buy this 5hit It WILL WORK OUR MECHANIC DO IT EVERYTIME
I checked the part #'s and they are different, but... on quickserve it lists the part #'s from oldest to newest, and both are listed. Are they indeed different all together, or do the part #'s differ only because it's a newer model?

I'm going to give it another go since I cleaned up a little bit. I also cleaned up the old one and blew it out, so if I still have issues, I'll swap them back out once again.

replyreply
03-07-2016, (Subject: EGR Differential problem ) 
(03-06-2016 )trdodd07 Wrote:  I checked the part #'s and they are different, but... on quickserve it lists the part #'s from oldest to newest, and both are listed. Are they indeed different all together, or do the part #'s differ only because it's a newer model?

I'm going to give it another go since I cleaned up a little bit. I also cleaned up the old one and blew it out, so if I still have issues, I'll swap them back out once again.

Sometimes a part update requires a software update in the ECM to go along with it. I don't know if Delta-P was updated or not, but it is always a possibility.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-07-2016, (Subject: EGR Differential problem ) 
(03-07-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Sometimes a part update requires a software update in the ECM to go along with it. I don't know if Delta-P was updated or not, but it is always a possibility.

Makes since. I cleaned up the original one and put it back on. I'll just hold onto the new one for a later date.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.