Water in Fuel ISX
02-04-2017, (Subject: Water in Fuel ISX ) 
Water in Fuel ISX
We keep getting Water in the fuel code 1852 with 0418 we follow procedural fix, drain, new filter if needed, code clears , everything seems ok ... we drive in the rain and code comes back. Anyone ever heard of water entering the fuel system from outside? We have tried to figure out if any of our Fuel stations have bad fuel. Or is it simply condensation in the tanks due to our lane... warm to cold to warm... 65 Deg F to 0 Deg F in one trip. we even tried a new sensor same outcome.
replyreply
RE: Water in Fuel ISX
Depending on the type of prefilter you could have coolant actually coming into it.
replyreply
Could be a cracked or failing Davco unit, have you inspected it? Fingers crossed. The alternative is not pretty.
replyreply
Could be faulty sensor. How much water is in drained fuel? I replaced sensor.
replyreply
if there is water present then everything is as should be, try to keep your fuel cells full when in a cold environment, this will help keep condensation to a minimum.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
(02-04-2017 )cjcool Wrote:  We keep getting Water in the fuel code 1852 with 0418 we follow procedural fix, drain, new filter if needed, code clears , everything seems ok ... we drive in the rain and code comes back. Anyone ever heard of water entering the fuel system from outside? We have tried to figure out if any of our Fuel stations have bad fuel. Or is it simply condensation in the tanks due to our lane... warm to cold to warm... 65 Deg F to 0 Deg F in one trip. we even tried a new sensor same outcome.

Just a related suggestion...

Every time your windshield fogs up, so does the inside of your fuel tanks. Keep them topped of as much as possible to prevent this.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-05-2017, (Subject: Water in Fuel ISX ) 
http://www.ktisystems.com/fuel-management/airleak

This article pertains to marine applications, but it has diagnostic procedure's that could solve your problem.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
To remove water from fuel tank I used this silica bag
http://www.coinsupplyexpress.com/SG-200-...Ah9F8P8HAQ
replyreply
(02-05-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  To remove water from fuel tank I used this silica bag
http://www.coinsupplyexpress.com/SG-200-...Ah9F8P8HAQ

Another brilliant idea!!!!

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.