Fuel issues at the TA. Take a look.
02-11-2017, (Subject: Fuel issues at the TA. Take a look. ) 
RE: Fuel issues at the TA. Take a look.
http://www.biofuelnet.ca/2013/09/26/cana...-mandates/

Well I found this.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
In Michigan we are still blessed with unblended fuels, you can still get rocket fuel at a few stations yet today, 110 octane. Here is some more info regarding ethanol in our gasoline from Stihl... Plenty of info on the havoc bio-diesel will wreak on our systems... The last paragraph below is key to the issues we face from these crap additives. From Stihl.

https://www.stihlusa.com/information/art...equipment/

Not all gasoline is the same. Knowing a few facts about your fuel can keep the engines in your STIHL equipment running strong.

What you need to know about Ethanol:

Much of the gasoline sold throughout the United States contains ethanol. The maximum ethanol content allowed by law for use in outdoor power equipment is limited to 10% (E10). Make sure the gasoline you purchase for your outdoor power equipment contains no more than 10% ethanol. If the filling station pump is not labeled with the ethanol content, ask the station attendant what percentage of ethanol is in the gasoline.

Ethanol can dissolve varnish and gum deposits that have previously formed inside fuel storage cans or the equipment's engine. When these deposits become dislodged, they can mix with the fuel and plug small openings and filters within the fuel system.

Ethanol attracts and mixes with moisture in the air, causing corrosion to metal components in the fuel system. If enough water is absorbed, the ethanol and water will settle out of the gasoline blend and settle to the bottom of the equipment's tank. The layer of gasoline left floating on top has a lower octane level than the original ethanol gasoline blend, which can result in unstable engine operation, power loss and major engine failures.

Since the fuel is often drawn from the bottom of the fuel tank, the engine is drawing in a mixture of ethanol and water with no gasoline and no lubricating oil. This ethanol/water mix is thicker than gasoline and cannot easily pass through the fuel system. This can result in hard starting, unsafe high idle speeds, stalling, and can ultimately lead to engine damage or fuel system failure.

Not all gasoline is the same. Knowing a few facts about your fuel can keep the engines in your STIHL equipment running strong.

What you need to know about Ethanol:

Much of the gasoline sold throughout the United States contains ethanol. The maximum ethanol content allowed by law for use in outdoor power equipment is limited to 10% (E10). Make sure the gasoline you purchase for your outdoor power equipment contains no more than 10% ethanol. If the filling station pump is not labeled with the ethanol content, ask the station attendant what percentage of ethanol is in the gasoline.

Ethanol can dissolve varnish and gum deposits that have previously formed inside fuel storage cans or the equipment's engine. When these deposits become dislodged, they can mix with the fuel and plug small openings and filters within the fuel system.

Ethanol attracts and mixes with moisture in the air, causing corrosion to metal components in the fuel system. If enough water is absorbed, the ethanol and water will settle out of the gasoline blend and settle to the bottom of the equipment's tank. The layer of gasoline left floating on top has a lower octane level than the original ethanol gasoline blend, which can result in unstable engine operation, power loss and major engine failures.

Since the fuel is often drawn from the bottom of the fuel tank, the engine is drawing in a mixture of ethanol and water with no gasoline and no lubricating oil. This ethanol/water mix is thicker than gasoline and cannot easily pass through the fuel system. This can result in hard starting, unsafe high idle speeds, stalling, and can ultimately lead to engine damage or fuel system failure.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
another tid bit about ethanol / alcohol , it dosing like cold weather , for most u no problem
but when u have a older vehicle with lots of mile compounded with cold weather - 10 f and below your fuel makes it harder to start , example , when i was racing my engine ran on Methanol / alcohol , by product of oil , any way it could be 90 deg out and i still had to squat gas in it to get it to fire even with 13.5 i Comprssion and a msd racing ignition , until there was head in the engine i always need a squart of gas to get it going . now methanol / ethanol will make more torque / power , we used almost twice as much as gas , needed a special carb , the engines did run cooler , not much need for a fan other then driving around slow , also the engine had to be up to operating temp or u could feel a big power loss .
i put in not ox or off road when the temps drop

for older vehicles its hard on fuel systems u need alcohol rated anything rubber or plastic
dont run it in u lawnmower chain saw that shi#t gumms up when it sits for any length of time
replyreply
02-19-2017, (Subject: Fuel issues at the TA. Take a look. ) 
(02-11-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(02-11-2017 )Brock Wrote:  I'm curious how you know they blend their diesel? Where do you get this information?

Up in Canada in my neck of the woods we have flying j (shell), Petro Canada, Husky and Co-op.

I've always wondered who (if any) have better fuel but can't really find anything.

By law in the states they have to put stickers on the pumps stating fuel quality and blend. And, the Pilots and FJ's have that separate batch of tanks, usually up by the entrance opposite of the actual diesel fuel tanks, that is where they put the water... I mean bio blend/ethanol, whatever it is. I hear that TA and Petro are going to start blending their fuel too... But, that will entail tearing up many a parking lot to install tanks to hold the stuff... So far just a rumor.

I am sure one of the fuel haulers here will chime in and sort this stuff out, those guys have a good handle on what goes on at the truck stops and the fuel we purchase.
i often check for bioblend on their website, just go perto or TA. com and find where you want to get fuel and its says there if they have diesel N2 or 5,10,15% of bio blend. Same with Loves and others. I seen lately that TA and Petro are selling diesel with 10% of that bio BS,but not all of them, just check before. I think they sell biodiesel is because its cheaper for them, they dont care about ours fuel filters and MPG. My opinion.
replyreply
02-19-2017, (Subject: Fuel issues at the TA. Take a look. ) 
A simple way to test for ethanol in gas. All I'm interested in is if there is ethanol or not. I have several small engines on various pieces of equipment and ethanol does not treat these well. For now in Alberta premium gas has no ethanol and the peace of mind on not plugging up the fuel systems is worth the added cost.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.