Finding those hard to find bad injectors in cummins
02-04-2017, (Subject: Finding those hard to find bad injectors in cummins ) 
Finding those hard to find bad injectors in cummins
Here is what i found several times when doing the bubble test to find leaking injectors. It will bubble when cranking but not do anything when trying to isolate it by baring over the engine.So i came up with a way to find those hard to find ones. Here is how i did it. I used a analog manometer instead of the hose with the water glass. Marked the harmonic balancer with three different color a'b'c. We tried cranking the engine at full speed but that was to fast. So we bumped the starter and you could see the numbers jump up .4 inches of water everytime when between B and C so we gotter found that one. But you could probably do the same with the water and the clear hose. I just found it very easy to find it with manometer because the gauge would jump like right now everytime on the compression stroke of the bad injector. I hope this helps because i know that i am not the only one that couldn't narrow one down with oem test method.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Texasdude74 , Rawze , Hammerhead , hhow55 , Brock , gatow900 , Chamberpains
RE: Finding those hard to find bad injectors in cummins
Interesting. They way we do it is squeeze the hose and let the hose pull the water out of the bottle so that you see water in the line above the cup of water. As you bar the engine over it will move down... So far been pretty good. BUt you way I like to just have to get me some more tools to check with... THanks for the info..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Chamberpains
I have done it your way too but it didn't work on this bugger today.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Mr Hagg
02-05-2017, (Subject: Finding those hard to find bad injectors in cummins ) 
(02-04-2017 )gearhead Wrote:  Here is what i found several times when doing the bubble test to find leaking injectors. It will bubble when cranking but not do anything when trying to isolate it by baring over the engine.So i came up with a way to find those hard to find ones. Here is how i did it. I used a analog manometer instead of the hose with the water glass. Marked the harmonic balancer with three different color a'b'c. We tried cranking the engine at full speed but that was to fast. So we bumped the starter and you could see the numbers jump up .4 inches of water everytime when between B and C so we gotter found that one. But you could probably do the same with the water and the clear hose. I just found it very easy to find it with manometer because the gauge would jump like right now everytime on the compression stroke of the bad injector. I hope this helps because i know that i am not the only one that couldn't narrow one down with oem test method.
Would this be a good one to have Mr. Gearhead?
https://amzn.to/2PMnvvZ

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mr Hagg
02-05-2017, (Subject: Finding those hard to find bad injectors in cummins ) 
yes sir that will work just fine. The pressure will build and every time you get in the right spot it will jump more.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.