ISX cm871 inframe
02-05-2017, (Subject: ISX cm871 inframe ) 
ISX cm871 inframe
I am in south Florida .Anyone know best place to get inframe done?I am at almost 1.2 million ad never had anything do
ne to it so I need to be thinking about this sooner than later.

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
RE: ISX cm871 inframe
(02-05-2017 )flonly Wrote:  I am in south Florida .Anyone know best place to get inframe done?I am at almost 1.2 million ad never had anything do
ne to it so I need to be thinking about this sooner than later.

Start interviewing mechanics and shops. I'm up in Michigan and had to do an emergency in frame... I wound up at my local International dealer. So far so good. I shopped around, talked to more than a few shops. Some were questionable, like the one idiot that wanted to toss by VGT Turbo and work his magic tune, I ran from that idiot. Another shop came highly recommended but was back logged two months. Cummins would not touch me due to the fact I have gotten rid of the mandate. My last choice was my local International dealer, which in the end, was the best choice. The deeper we dug, the more parts I wanted to replace. This saved me quite a bit dollar wise in parts, they pick up the phone and it is there the next day. I also have a warranty, and they know me, as unfortunately I am one of their better customers. When I call them, they say "Hi Mike"... I guess you could call me a regular... Like Norm on Cheers.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
Thanks I would not mind if I had to travel to georga .I dont speak th native language down here and it really is a problem getting things fixed at the smaller shops.I start talking and they look at me like i just got off a space ship.

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
Personally, if I were you, I would head up to Mr Hagg's place and that way you know it is done right. I would have loved to have taken mine down there, or out to Gearhead, but mine was lucky to make it 16 miles down the road to the dealer, it was that bad. And the language, I'm a Yankee... I know what you mean down there.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: flonly , Mr Hagg
Get ahold of gear head I bet he could work you in fairly quickly and would be pleased to do it. I know it's a drive but well worth it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , flonly
02-08-2017, (Subject: ISX cm871 inframe ) 
What is the going price for an in frame on a ISX? Thanks.
replyreply
02-09-2017, (Subject: ISX cm871 inframe ) 
(02-08-2017 )LesCook Wrote:  What is the going price for an in frame on a ISX? Thanks.

Well that's a broad question. That depends on alot of things..... is your turbo good? Are you doing water pump, oil pump etc. Is your camshafts reusable? Are you buying a new head, a reman or sending your to be redone yourself? Does the deck need to be cut? Are you taking off and redoing the front structure? (I always do)... how much is the shop rate of the shop your using.

Up where I live cummins charges $170 a hour, international is $160, my mechanic is $100.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Book is 45 hours plus parts. Much will depend on what is found when you crack her open. And then there are parts like oil coolers, etc. They are not bad now, but will eventually fail. How far do you want to go? My in frame was $39,000, and all but two or three items were replaced. That included going through the 18spd, new clutch, trans oil cooler, new lines, pages of parts. Sky's the limit. Interview your shop and mechanic.
replyreply
make sure that the shop you choose has the ability to raise your cylinder sleeve height, this is a crucial step at that mileage and insist that they go with a new cylinder head as opposed to a reman, this is well worth the extra money.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard , Waterloo , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.