condensation ?
02-05-2017, (Subject: condensation ? ) 
condensation ?
I have a 2013 isx rated at 525 hp that is getting condensation on oil fill tube and cap. No signs I can tell of anti freeze. Just pulled oil sample to send in and installed a Harvard oil bypass system. I haven't put any miles on truck since doing this. Oil is Rotella T-6 and I do not run extended oil change intervals. I have had the new style crankcase filter since last fall. I wipe milk out cap and fill tube every trip ( iowa to texas) , big temp. changes and running home empty. Any input is greatly appreciated!
replyreply
RE: condensation ?
Your definitely have internal coolant intrusion problem. Open up your crankcase filter housing, see if it is there also. Chance's are you have it inside your valve cover also. Not good sign at all. Could be a leaking egr cooler, bad head gasket, or cracked head.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , overshot
Sounds like a coolant leak... Milk not good.
replyreply
If there is excess moisture from coolant getting in, it will be its most concentrated at the very bottom of the oil pan.

At next oil change ..

Clean the drain plug very well, then wipe it down a couple times with clean engine oil. Pull the drain plug and let it go into a cup right away. Send that to a lab and ask them to look specifically for coolant intrusion.

===

You could also put a coolant pressure test kit on the coolant system then drive the truck under heavy torque load and see if pressure is building in the coolant system too rapidly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: overshot , Kid Rock
I would like to go into denial but I know better. I 'm not adding coolant but I wouldn't have to be loosing a lot either. I pulled a oil sample yesterday before installing the by pass filter. I am going to put a rush on that in the morning and from there. Thanks a lot!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: overshot
it seems like they build up condensation when you ideal a lot, with @m*m^2 that got rid of it right away, i am thinking the emmishins crap has something to do with it
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
It takes very little coolant to make condensation i have never seen milky stuff on a truck that didn't have a coolant intrusion problem.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
I have seen brand new qsx15 tier4 final engines with only a couple of idealing hours on them have a whitish grease and some water droplets on the oil fill tube but it burns off when you work the moter, you are not telling me these new engines have coolant intrusion from brand new, and no they do not use coolant, (the qsx15 tier4 final is the off highway version of the isx15 with egr dpf and scr)
replyreply
I am simply stating my experience with truck engines 95% is always coolant. It is very rare to see this and not have a problem that is all.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.