Is there any credibility to this? Asphaltene
02-05-2017, (Subject: Is there any credibility to this? Asphaltene ) 
Is there any credibility to this? Asphaltene
Understanding a Common Culprit for Lost MPG: Asphaltene

A powerful year round fuel additive can help prevent asphaltene buildupDo you see black specs floating in your fuel? Does your diesel fuel appear discolored and darker than normal or are your fuel filters black? Do you notice you are losing MPG? Asphaltene might be your problem!

This particular issue has become a widespread problem in recent years. Most trucks manufactured after 2002 contain a common rail injector and it is this equipment that is oftentimes responsible for creating destructive asphaltenes.

Fuel Scorching Leads to Asphaltene Buildup

Simply put, the injector operates with a large amount of pressure and at a very high temperature and unfortunately it can scorch the fuel. This burning can create a black asphaltene buildup. The small pieces of asphaltenes, which contain carbon, group together forming larger clusters that can even plug the fuel filters and lead to a shorter filter life. This can cause lost MPG in your vehicle and that means you are wasting money and not getting the most out of your fuel.

Asphaltenes can be present any time of year and is all too common so be on the lookout! You should know that if you have asphaltenes, they won’t go away on their own and need to be treated by a fuel professional. If you believe you may be experiencing this issue, contact us today so that we inspect your equipment and properly treat your problem.

Using the Proper Additive in Fleet Fueling

Once the asphaltenes have been removed from your vehicle, it is important to use preventative measures to help keep this from happening again. One way to help avoid this problem is to keep your fuel filters clean by using a diesel fuel with an additive that contains cleaning properties. This is one of the reasons that we use an additive in our fuel year round that works as a detergent to keep your fuel filters clear and help prevent asphaltenes from building up. Click here to learn how our powerful fuel conditioner package called RoadChampTM works.
replyreply
02-06-2017, (Subject: Is there any credibility to this? Asphaltene ) 
RE: Is there any credibility to this? Asphaltene
Cummins has a asphphetaline conditioner. I think rawze wrote about it in the tech documents under additives.

I tried a whole box of it, unfortunately I didn't really pay attention as much as I should have at the time to see if it worked but looking just now, my davco isn't black aND it was before I used the stuff.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I think that some is bad injectors alowing compression into the fuel.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Texasdude74
(02-06-2017 )gearhead Wrote:  I think that some is bad injectors alowing compression into the fuel.
Tough out here. Too many mechanics stuck in the dinosaur age not willing to adapt. Too many companies not giving out the proper information.

If it weren't for this site and the awesome people on here, many of us would stI'll be lost.

I asked my mechanic about doing the bubble test and he said" does it missfire? No then why would you bother"

Asked him about gear lube in the cat engine he's rebuilding and he told me he would smack me if I ran gear lube in that engine haha. He doesn't like me running it in my isx either but he figures the gear lube will not be good with the iva's.

I beg to differ.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I don't see how it could hurt they are no different than a jake brake.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
(02-06-2017 )gearhead Wrote:  I don't see how it could hurt they are no different than a jake brake.
Here figured the passages going to them are too small.

replyreply
(02-06-2017 )Brock Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 )gearhead Wrote:  I don't see how it could hurt they are no different than a jake brake.
Here figured the passages going to them are too small.

Passages in the rockers are smaller than that by far. My engine is not starving for oil in the upper end or in the rockers.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
i do it on almost every cat i work on. they run just fine tell him to stop being a weiner.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Old Driver
(02-06-2017 )Unilevers Wrote:  i do it on almost every cat i work on. they run just fine tell him to stop being a weiner.

Hahaha that's too funny!

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.