Is there any credibility to this? Asphaltene
11-02-2017, (Subject: Is there any credibility to this? Asphaltene ) 
RE: Is there any credibility to this? Asphaltene
I had some samples sent to a lab several months ago and they said that algie was negative. They did say it tested positive for asphaltene. The filters would only last about 5000 miles when the weather is hot and 3 times that long in cooler weather. I only get a engine code for “Fuel filter restriction” when fuel gets extremely hot (like 150+). When the weather gets to the upper 70’s this will happen like clockwork about 5 hours into the run. I installed a fuel cooler & a heat shield between the DPF and fuel tank to extend my run time until weather gets extremely hot (like 85 and up). Now that the weather is cooler the fuel cooler can keep up and I have no problems at all. The truck will run great! But I would like to figure this out before spring so I don’t have another summer of derating. Kenworth has the truck for 3 days and all they could say was put a new fuel pump on it. That’s the only answer they could come up with because it would never get under a load in the shop environment and they couldn’t get the code to come on, but they did notice the 50+ stored codes of fuel restrictions. I did not have fuel pump installed because I know that’s not the problem. Like I said it’s running fine now. At least til next summer. I thought that maybe a leaking injector could possibly be flash heating the return fuel and causing the heat problem. The filters aren’t turning extremely black, they just get these little black chunks in them and the paper gets soft from the hot fuel. If I let the truck cool down and restart later it runs fine again until it gets heated up and it will start to derate. I will check on the filter micron and get back. Thanks for the reply Rawze!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there any credibility to this? Asphaltene - Batman68 - 11-02-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.