2012 isx
02-06-2017, (Subject: 2012 isx ) 
2012 isx
If the idler gear in front gear train is not adjusted correctly will there be a rattle sound or will you get a gear whine? Engine sound like valve are out of adjustment or a noisy air compressor I've checked and adjusted valves the sound is louder at front top of the engine . Thanks.
replyreply
02-06-2017, (Subject: 2012 isx ) 
RE: 2012 isx
Is this a new sound or existing. I bought a 2012 with a Cummings reman and it has a chattering sound that comes from the upper driver side of the engine. It sounds violent, like something is wrong. I believe it is something to do with the high pressure common rail. It could be from the cam gear because that were the sound seems too come from but it would have changed by now the way it sounds. If it was wrong it would have let loose buy now. It might be coming from the common rail it's self. 30000 psi with injectors poping open and closing could make a sound like this also. Maybe yours is different, but I was concerned about mine and then you shut the hood and your like "well that ain't as loud as I thought." Hope it's normal for both our sakes.
replyreply
02-07-2017, (Subject: 2012 isx ) 
RE: 2012 isx
I'm not sure if it was making the rattle before the rebuild, the truck wasn't running when it came to the shop. Owner says it wasn't but the truck had been setting for several months. He hauled with the truck yesterday and nothing came apart so hopefully it's going to be ok. It has crossed my mind that it could be in the fuel system because if you give it a Little fuel it seems to go away.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.