Getting rid of mandate
02-07-2017, (Subject: Getting rid of mandate ) 
Getting rid of mandate
Ok So I am new here so let me see if i am correct .To do the mm tune I need insite and internet connection and i would be able to possibly get someone to remote download to my ecm.Now no hardware is removed but the tune stops all or most exhaust gas from being circulated back through motor plus other tweaks ?Resulting in less regens ,cleaner oil with less abrasive soot in it,cleaner sensors,and premature engine wear?Now i am no genius but is this tune teachable or is it to complicated to learn as more of a novice computer user.I have done egr tune up several times but that is mainly turning wrenches and following great videos from rawze.

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
RE: Getting rid of mandate
P.M. Rawze. There's a couple options. Your close enough to Mr. Hagg. I would have them help you out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: flonly
ok thanks . im in south florida but i am in a couple months going to do a complete inframe.Might just try to tke it to Mr.Hagg and do it all at same time.

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
 Thanks given by: overshot
(02-07-2017 )flonly Wrote:  ok thanks . im in south florida but i am in a couple months going to do a complete inframe.Might just try to tke it to Mr.Hagg and do it all at same time.

I had 1.5 million km on my engine and was 100% sure I needed a inframe asap. Lots of blowby. I demandated mine as a means to stretch out the inevitable. After the mandate took a hike, I was able to focus on pinpointing other issues. My turbo was boosting into the crankcase for starters. Fixed that and no blowby anymore. Did a bearing roll a while back and the sleeves and everything looked good, compression, mpg all good.

Truck has 1.75 million km now and still runs like a champ!

I'd suggest doing it asap, maybe your motor is better off than you think.... just don't go crazy on the hp if your unsure how sound your engine is.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , overshot , flonly
02-08-2017, (Subject: Getting rid of mandate ) 
(02-07-2017 )Brock Wrote:  I had 1.5 million km on my engine and was 100% sure I needed a inframe asap. Lots of blowby. I demandated mine as a means to stretch out the inevitable. After the mandate took a hike, I was able to focus on pinpointing other issues. My turbo was boosting into the crankcase for starters. Fixed that and no blowby anymore. Did a bearing roll a while back and the sleeves and everything looked good, compression, mpg all good.

I'd suggest doing it asap, maybe your motor is better off than you think.... just don't go crazy on the hp if your unsure how sound your engine is.

You know there's an upstart distillery in Sakatoon named after you right?
https://luckybastard.ca/#about-lucky-bastard-distillers
I had to inframe mine at 800k km...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
(02-08-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 )Brock Wrote:  I had 1.5 million km on my engine and was 100% sure I needed a inframe asap. Lots of blowby. I demandated mine as a means to stretch out the inevitable. After the mandate took a hike, I was able to focus on pinpointing other issues. My turbo was boosting into the crankcase for starters. Fixed that and no blowby anymore. Did a bearing roll a while back and the sleeves and everything looked good, compression, mpg all good.

You know there's an upstart distillery in Sakatoon named after you right?
https://luckybastard.ca/#about-lucky-bastard-distillers
I had to inframe mine at 800k km...

And you can bet your ass that the second they opened Thier doors to tours, I was in there getting drunk!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(02-07-2017 )flonly Wrote:  ok thanks . im in south florida but i am in a couple months going to do a complete inframe.Might just try to tke it to Mr.Hagg and do it all at same time.

took my to hag almos 2 year ago. been making money nonstop ever since

thank you to the forum and everyone who gives good advice.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , flonly
thanks for the suggestions.Thanks CUYA I will try to look into the link you sent.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.