2012 isx codes
02-08-2017, (Subject: 2012 isx codes ) 
2012 isx codes
I have a 2012 386 that has more codes and lasts less time every time it gets back from the dealer.
This time, it was trying to regain every 50 - 100 miles on the way back from Washington state.
here is a list of the codes. Some I haven't been able to find from google. All from reading the bully dog tuner. No, I don't have insite. If I quit donating to the dealer, maybe I can buy it sometime. currently I can't...
All codes from one trip Washington to Iowa...
Active Codes

code 4157: Aftertreatment Diesel exhaust fluid return valve - mechanical system not responding or out of adjustment.

Code 3574: Active after treatment diesel exhaust fluid pressure sensor - data valid but below normal operating range - moderately severe level

Inactive codes:
3375: after treatment DPF regeneration too frequent
1681: DEF dosing unit - bad intelligence unit or component.
1682: DEF dosing unit input lines - condition exists
3575: DEF pressure sensor - data valid but above normal operating range - moderately severe
3712: SCR operator inducement - data valid but above normal operating range - most severe
3714: engine derate
3571: DEF pressure sensor voltage above normal or shorted to high source

Dealer replaced dosing unit, Imap sensor within last 4 weeks, egr tubes and intake have little sooting.
I am ready to mandate the truck with a case of starting fluid as far from a fire station as I can find...oops... I'm running out of money or I would pay someone to 'fix' this system for me. quotes are 3500 for that.
Any ideas of where to start with the active codes? they don't always come on. sometimes cycling the key makes them come on... sometimes not...
replyreply
RE: 2012 isx codes
Solution number one.

GET THAT BILLY-CRAP TUNER OFF YOUR TRUCK AND PUT THE FACTORY PROGRAM BACK IN IT!. -- I HAVE COPIES OF ALL THE FILES IT PUTS IN AN ENGINE AND THEY ARE ALL TOTAL GARBAGE!

STOP taking your truck to the stealerships. they are only there to waste your money and put you out of business!.

* I can lead a horse to the water but if he is too stubborn to listen,.. there is no hope for him.

looks to me like possibly a cracked DPF or plugged up decomp tube, but who knows for sure.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
read here. i liked this.

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid12231
replyreply
Have you ever possibly shut your battery disconnects off before the def pump finished purging??

I've seen this before and it results in a cracked def pump, easiest way to check is remove the plug with the the yellow retaining clip and see if def fluid starts running out of female plug side.

Generally when this happens you will get a ton of codes and I think you do not have enuf active codes which would make me believe it is your def pump but... I've seen and heard of this happening 3 separate times now
This would normally only crack if it was cold and you shut your batteries off with def fluid that didn't finish purging..

Their is a ton of info on this forum rawze provided and many others.

Grab something to drink and kick back and start reading.

Start with the simple things first
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
02-09-2017, (Subject: 2012 isx codes ) 
Ok, I have been out and not able to reply till now. The hillbilly tuner is the only thing I have to read the codes. It is/ was set on stock. But after sitting for 2 days with the power left on but key off, there are no codes. All of them went away by themselves... I haven't started the truck yet as the sensors and pipes are still off. Maybe there is such a thing as bad grounds that would do all that... guess I will check...
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.