Turbo position
02-10-2017, (Subject: Turbo position ) 
Turbo position
So the other day I was checking my truck with insite and saw my turbo is at 21 key on engine not running. Key on engine running it goes to 18 what would make it do that. The truck is mandate free
replyreply
RE: Turbo position
I don't know your turbo map, but my guess is 18 is your min at idle and 21 is your max. With the engine not running, 21 was probably where it was at shutdown, and as soon ask you start the engine, the calculations made by the. ECM results in 18 so that's what the ECM commands.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(02-10-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  I don't know your turbo map, but my guess is 18 is your min at idle and 21 is your max. With the engine not running, 21 was probably where it was at shutdown, and as soon ask you start the engine, the calculations made by the. E loCM results in 18 so that's what the ECM commands.
The thing is that it was set at 5 at idle and it moved by it's self to those positions by it self
replyreply
Might have variable llim and ulim mode set to 0 instead of 1 in the cal
replyreply
Mass charge flow says otherwise unless you clip it with ulim.
replyreply
So is this a good thing or do I have to get in contact with the person that did the tune to get it fix.
replyreply
i dont remember if i left it at 5 or brought it up to 18 to get some positive pressure in the idle region. you say it always used to be at 5 and is now suddenly at 18? call me.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
At least it is not 80% at idle like from factory and sucking excess fuel because of it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: gatow900 , Vin
(02-10-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  At least it is not 80% at idle like from factory and sucking excess fuel because of it.
Yeah I know but just finished talking to Unilever's and he did set it to 18 on the last tune. I just didn't realize it until Saturday when I was going over everything on my truck. And because I have a 122,000 miles check engine light free. So everything is good.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.