2012 detroid locked up
02-11-2017, (Subject: 2012 detroid locked up ) 
2012 detroid locked up
just dropped the pan now oil is clean, engine wont budge, is it common thing before I start tearing things up?
does this have that turbo compound or wasted energy recobery what ever is called?
was thinking maybe that system gears locked who knows.
what a day have 2 d13 volvos derated on me to
scr code smh
replyreply
RE: 2012 detroid locked up
Most likely scenario is a flooded cylinder and a hydra-lock condition. If that is the case, make sure you find out what cylinder it is so that you can check it for a bent rod too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: sbtrucking
the truck was idling for few miutes and just died no mechanical sound or nothing, and then it would not turn.
I try spining clock and counter clock wise its not budging
replyreply
(02-11-2017 )sbtrucking Wrote:  the truck was idling for few miutes and just died no mechanical sound or nothing, and then it would not turn.
I try spining clock and counter clock wise its not budging

sounds like maybe it is time to pull injectors to relieve all cylinders of any possible back-pressure and boroscope it to ensure there is no damage and go from there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Texasdude74 , sbtrucking , hhow55
02-12-2017, (Subject: 2012 detroid locked up ) 
honestly if its a detroit it locked up on the mains. ive seen this happen 3 times all when idling and its due to oil pump pressure fluctuations from shitty pickup tube orings. they are extremely fussy with bottom end clearance and oil films.

i would pull mains one by one and try turning it over after you pull each one. DO NOT PULL THEM ALL AT ONCE UNLESS YOU LIKE THE TASTE OF CRANKSHAFT!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , sbtrucking , hhow55 , Texasdude74 , bossboy2
i did change the oil pressure pick up tube o rings few mns ago, you are right they were bad would kick the low oil light when coming to a stop, o rings fixed that
replyreply
If it's the bearings you should be able to tell by looking at each journal you will see the bad bearing peeling. I have found that if a motor runs out of oil or ran low pressure that the rod bearings lock up first because they do alot more moving around than the mains. I have seen 3 engines ran dry on oil. All three times it was the rods that had them locked. I am not saying it didn't damage the mains but the rod is what locked the motor up tight. Also that the rods are the last to get oil on the crank.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Hammerhead , sbtrucking , hhow55 , Texasdude74
02-13-2017, (Subject: 2012 detroid locked up ) 

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , bossboy2
02-14-2017, (Subject: 2012 detroid locked up ) 
Gearhead you are right pulled number 2 rod chewed it self and the crank up.
Got the center main out it looked good, didnt have much time I will do rest tmrw
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.