Trailer hub bearing torque
02-12-2017, (Subject: Trailer hub bearing torque ) 
RE: Trailer hub bearing torque
(02-12-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  Pro Torque nut with keeper lock.

Did the Pro-Torqu nut fail snailexpress?
I would like pictures if it did, this would be the first one I've heard of that failed. I'm sure they can, I've just not heard of it before.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
02-12-2017, (Subject: Trailer hub bearing torque ) 
(02-12-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(02-12-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  Pro Torque nut with keeper lock.

Did the Pro-Torqu nut fail snailexpress?
I would like pictures if it did, this would be the first one I've heard of that failed. I'm sure they can, I've just not heard of it before.
No, nut is OK.
The story begins when we were in Vegas.
I put my trailer in truckstop shop to check torque, change oil and clean cap glass. Bonehead mechanic washed caps with carbcleaner and plastic start cracking. Yesterday I got new caps and time to replace it. Noticed the difference in bearing gap on top point and bottom. I have nut unlock and nut was lose too much.
replyreply
02-13-2017, (Subject: Trailer hub bearing torque ) 
(02-12-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  No, nut is OK.
The story begins when we were in Vegas.
I put my trailer in truckstop shop to check torque, change oil and clean cap glass. Bonehead mechanic washed caps with carbcleaner and plastic start cracking. Yesterday I got new caps and time to replace it. Noticed the difference in bearing gap on top point and bottom. I have nut unlock and nut was lose too much.

Wow, after he took all that time, now this. Ugh!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.