Problem after oil pump shim fixed
02-14-2017, (Subject: Problem after oil pump shim fixed ) 
Problem after oil pump shim fixed
I shimmed my oil pump a while ago and it ran good for a bit then dropped off to below factory psi. I had shimmed mine about 3/4" which is higher then some would recommend but I'm a idiot and that's what idiots do.

My problem was the oil pressure bypass relief valve on the oil filter base. I believed I had updated it, I went to cummins and asked for the update. When I put it in, it looked the same but I thought maybe the spring was stronger or built from a different metal. After watching rawzes video on it I realized that nope, that was not the case. I tore a strip off Cummins but they showed me how it doesn't even show up as a option on Thier computer so how would they know.

Anyhow, put the new one in and now my psi is back at a magical number!

Anyone shimming their oil pump, be sure to update the bypass valve as well..... don't be a Brock, he's a moron!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Texasdude74 , Hammerhead , snailexpress , Roysbigtoys , 386lover , overshot , barf

Messages In This Thread
Problem after oil pump shim fixed - Brock - 02-14-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.