Problem after oil pump shim fixed
02-16-2017, (Subject: Problem after oil pump shim fixed ) 
RE: Problem after oil pump shim fixed
(02-15-2017 )gearhead Wrote:  I have done alot of research on the washing out bearings i don't think it could be done without some major pressures. Cat runs 90 psi cold and about 60 to 75 at highway speed.

I guess thats a good observation. Looking at it from that angle it shouldnt be a concern unless cummins use a different type of bearing which is not the case.
replyreply
02-16-2017, (Subject: Problem after oil pump shim fixed ) 
(02-16-2017 )Starlight Wrote:  
(02-15-2017 )gearhead Wrote:  I have done alot of research on the washing out bearings i don't think it could be done without some major pressures. Cat runs 90 psi cold and about 60 to 75 at highway speed.

I guess thats a good observation. Looking at it from that angle it shouldnt be a concern unless cummins use a different type of bearing which is not the case.

I have heard a few different people tell me that cummins lowered pressure due to washed out bearings in the past on older model engines. Each engine maker has their own oil flow designs, and it is likely comparing one brand of engine to another would be a bit short sighted, even if they do use similar parts. Who knows for sure.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 386lover
04-24-2017, (Subject: Problem after oil pump shim fixed ) 
Well i wasn't a Brock. I was just a Steve today. So i got around to shimming my pump today, so i drain the pan,get it out of the way, look at the carter pin and what i need to pull it out,every thing was going great.
and i did watch rawze's video doing his pump so i thought i had it in the bag, till i started to put in my dimes, then i did the Steve move and tried to stick them in to the pump and all went to sh#T..... As i put them in (all greased up) the stack fell apart and went into the pump.F$CK was all that was said....My Homer Simpson moment.....
So after much swearing and dropping the oil pump down to get the dimes out of the galleys they had gotten into(#%%$^&&@) and wasting alot of time cus Steve was stupid and didn't put the dimes in the dog bone. SO if your doing the shimming the pump and it's on the motor ,stick the dimes in the dog bone and save alot of time and keep your blood pressure down too.
And yes make sure to update your filter bypass valve too..:) cus it is a quick ez fix
And DONT be a Steve..and waste alot of time :)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: gatow900 , simon999 , Waterloo , barf
04-27-2017, (Subject: Problem after oil pump shim fixed ) 
Can anyone give me any info on how to shim the oil pump? Thanks.
replyreply
04-27-2017, (Subject: Problem after oil pump shim fixed ) 
(04-27-2017 )Streachy Wrote:  Can anyone give me any info on how to shim the oil pump? Thanks.

This may help.

* 8 dimes for CM870/871.
* 6 dimes for CM2250/2350.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Zapah

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.