Stealership, prices and practices
02-16-2017, (Subject: Stealership, prices and practices ) 
Stealership, prices and practices
1. They insist on making me wait 100 - 120 days for a refund on the bad doser they sold me.
Normal, or just in their universe?

2. Quoting 3600 for a new fuel pump assy. with the 2 new brackets and hardware(just the part.)
Reasonable?

Thanks
replyreply
 Thanks given by: overshot
02-17-2017, (Subject: Stealership, prices and practices ) 
RE: Stealership, prices and practices
I don't know where your located but in my neck of the woods in oil country, things are bad. Dealerships are running very low inventory to keep overhead down and they are cutting risk everywhere they can. There was a time when they would throw you a new part and then they would assume the risk of it coming back warrantied or not but now they can no longer afford to assume the risk.

I had a shop send a Gardner Denver hydropack for warranty. In the meantime I had to spend $3600 on a new one and waited 4 months. In that time the new one I had bought failed as well and they told me I would have to buy yet another one and wait.

I brought the Manager outside to my truck and hulk smashed my fist on the top of it and the damn thing shook like crazy, I snapped and said when you guys do piss poor installs like this and try and pass the buck it causes problems... they gave me all money back then and reinforced my bracket luckily.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
02-17-2017, (Subject: Stealership, prices and practices ) 
RE: Stealership, prices and practices
That's what they do out here in California. You still have to be pushing to know where your monies at.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.