CM2250 FAULT CODE
02-15-2017, (Subject: CM2250 FAULT CODE ) 
CM2250 FAULT CODE
HI

PLEASE HELP ABOUT THIS CODE 3582 SPN 4364 FMI 18.
Aftertreatment SCR Catalyst Conversion Efficiency-Data Valid But Below Normal Operating Range-
moderately Severe Level.
replyreply
RE: CM2250 FAULT CODE
could be something as simple as bad def fluid or the def fluid injector not spraying correctly. i don't own one of those trucks, so maybe others can jump in and give better advice.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , nirubini
I had that code come on a couple of months ago. I followed the diag tree on Cummins Quickserve but it didn't fix it. I eventually took it to the dealer (I know...) and they diagnosed it as a bad DEF pump unit. It was replaced under warranty (Yay!). But, according to Quickserve it could be a malfunctioning diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) dosing system, exhaust system leaks, a malfunctioning SCR catalyst, degraded, diluted, or incorrect DEF, diesel exhaust fluid deposits in decomposition tube.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
 Thanks given by: nirubini , Rawze
(02-15-2017 )Billdozer2 Wrote:  I had that code come on a couple of months ago. I followed the diag tree on Cummins Quickserve but it didn't fix it. I eventually took it to the dealer (I know...) and they diagnosed it as a bad DEF pump unit. It was replaced under warranty (Yay!). But, according to Quickserve it could be a malfunctioning diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) dosing system, exhaust system leaks, a malfunctioning SCR catalyst, degraded, diluted, or incorrect DEF, diesel exhaust fluid deposits in decomposition tube.

Thank you so much
replyreply
02-16-2017, (Subject: CM2250 FAULT CODE ) 
(02-15-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  could be something as simple as bad def fluid or the def fluid injector not spraying correctly. i don't own one of those trucks, so maybe others can jump in and give better advice.

Thank you so much Rawze.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
02-21-2017, (Subject: CM2250 FAULT CODE ) 
I have had that code many times over the 6 years I have owned this truck. It is usually just poor quality DEF fluid. Clear the code, change the DEF filter, and top the DEF tank off, the next few times you fuel. If after that if it keeps coming up Billdozer2 is right, it could be any of the things he listed, or a dirty or malfunctioning NOX sensor. They don't always through their own code when they are starting to fail.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
03-01-2017, (Subject: CM2250 FAULT CODE ) 
its common in cold weather. had them clog up decomp tube fairly bad. easiest thing to do is pop doser off and look inside...should be pretty clean . if you see tons of white crystal build up you may need to pull decomp tube and wash out with hot water. and pumps freeze and break a lot. normally pops different fault but easy test is pull connector on pump. if its corroded its time for pump and harness. very nasty stuff. wear eye protection and gloves
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
03-11-2017, (Subject: CM2250 FAULT CODE ) 
Did anybody had that fault scr catalyst conversion efficiency below normal operating level moderately severe ....to a different level?
Cummins engenier suggested me to switch nox sensor betwen each other
I am tracing the firs occurrence at 650 000 miles. Once i got over 700 000 it started to ask me for regen. In conclusion it seams that this code will trigger dpf alarms...fake alarms at about 800 miles interval . The engine mpg stays above 7 till dpf alarms comes one. Say I'll reset ecm...it goes 800 more miles till next alarm. One time i notice that fault went away after replacing def filter. Other times went away if drove I10 colidor. I will post any good inputs if i will discover any. If not surgery has to be scheduled
replyreply
03-11-2017, (Subject: CM2250 FAULT CODE ) 
(03-11-2017 )doarmihai Wrote:  ...
Cummins engenier suggested me to switch nox sensor betwen each other

It is my understanding that hey are J1939 and are not interchangeable.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.