Engine fan staying on
02-18-2017, (Subject: Engine fan staying on ) 
RE: Engine fan staying on
My IH 9200 had the fan clutch go out and then the default is to lock the cluctch to make sure the motor doesn't overheat.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
02-19-2017, (Subject: Engine fan staying on ) 
I know on my prostar if the air pressure is under 90 psi the ecm will engage the fan. Also I would check the IMAP sensor. If it's reading a high intake temp it will trigger the fan to come on.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Even if the A/C isn't working, the pressure switch can fail. If you have INSITE you can monitor the switch and see.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Shut the truck off for 20 minutes and now it's fine. I'm replacing every wiring harness on this truck anyways because internationals are junk when it comes to wiring. Every ihc I've ever owned had major external wiring issues.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(02-18-2017 )Brock Wrote:  My ac hasn't worked in years. Line rotted out, zero pressure in there.

thanks. I corrected my post above.

Still though, if your A/C pressure switch has a bad connection or has gone bad, it will make the engine fan stay on.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.