Cm2250
02-19-2017, (Subject: Cm2250 ) 
Cm2250
How do you bar the cm2250? I watched Rawze video but it was a 871 and the oil fill tube is completely different... Im in the middle of the egr tune up and going to run the overhead. Pretty sure that the egr cooler is leaking. Losing about 1-1.5 gal of coolant a week. Pressure tester has been on it over night, found a couple of hose clamps leaking as I pressurized the system. Have an oil analysis that shows coolant in oil but the level isn't increasing and wasn't muddy. Crankcase filter wasn't green or slimy.. Here's some pics of the egr tube off the cooler before cleaning and a few others.. 2012 Kenworth t660 cummins isx cm2250.. Edit: stuff on the carbon in the tube was from my son tapping the tube on the ground..                
replyreply
RE: Cm2250
It's sat for almost a full day with pressure tester on radiator lost less than 1 psi, and nothing in catch pan under egr cooler.. Back to square one..
replyreply
(02-19-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  It's sat for almost a full day with pressure tester on radiator lost less than 1 psi, and nothing in catch pan under egr cooler.. Back to square one..

Look at the front of the engine, there is a plug on the gearcase front (follow a straight line from the rear of the air compressor forward towards the radiator), remove the plug......that is where you "bar over" the engine. 3/4" breaker bar or torque wrench. You will need a cheater bar on the end of the breaker bar to give added torque to turn the engine, unless you are Samson!!!

Just my 2...

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Squish099 , 386lover
(02-19-2017 )scottydogtruck Wrote:  
(02-19-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  It's sat for almost a full day with pressure tester on radiator lost less than 1 psi, and nothing in catch pan under egr cooler.. Back to square one..

Look at the front of the engine, there is a plug on the gearcase front (follow a straight line from the rear of the air compressor forward towards the radiator), remove the plug......that is where you "bar over" the engine. 3/4" breaker bar or torque wrench. You will need a cheater bar on the end of the breaker bar to give added torque to turn the engine, unless you are Samson!!!

Just my 2...
I seen that in the timing cover? but didn't know what it was.. Thank you..
replyreply
Looks like one seriously neglected engine you got there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Waterloo
(02-19-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Looks like one seriously neglected engine you got there.
I bought it with 368,000 on it.. Still had all the original sensors in it.. Unknowingly to me I was slowly doing the egr tune up over the last 30,000 miles. The delta-p and front pressure sensor went first, limped it under a light load out 500 miles till I could get to an open dealer. Then the boost sensor went out 2 weeks later.. Dealer supposedly cleaned the dpf before sale.. It wasn't until I started really researching and found you and your forum that I found out about the egr tune up.. Next I need to pull the dpf and see what it looks like.. Gonna start looking @ a custom tune and possibly removing the mandate. Really tired of changing the oil, starting it and its already black..
replyreply
Looks like you have the original egr and egr valve. You might need to swap those out any minute. The original egr's only last about 250k and egr valve about 400-500k. If you're leaking coolant through egr than more than likely you're dpf and doc are damaged. Also check doser injector behind turbo for leaks. You also might have 3 cylinder pump and need to change out for 2 cylinder and updated plungers before it takes out you're motor.
replyreply
Had egr valve off today although the tube off the cooler was caked with carbon the rest was minimally coated. Basically rinsed right off.. Is there anyway of tell if it's a 3 cyl fuel pump with out taking it apart? By egr are you referring to the motor that moves the valve? I'm sure they are all original. Does the dpf can have to come off to look for the volcano or can that be done on the truck?
replyreply
"Next I need to pull the dpf and see what it looks like.. Gonna start looking @ a custom tune."
I would forget the first part of that and move straight to step 2. Tune time. If your in it for the long haul and not planning on trading the truck off soon. I wouldn't throw good money after bad at it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Signature620 , Squish099 , Texasdude74 , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.