Cm2250
03-03-2017, (Subject: Cm2250 ) 
RE: Cm2250
Clarification ...

Actually when we did his test, I said 4,000 psi in one minute when we were discussing it. I also mentioned shortly after, "wow, it has not even dropped 100 psi yet". Usually you see more than 100 psi drop on even on a new truck, but that yours was not loosing a drop.

For anyone confused now, here is a video on how to do this ...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Squish099 , scottydogtruck
03-03-2017, (Subject: Cm2250 ) 
Thanks for the clarification Rawze.. The truck was running @ the time, I guess I heard wrong.. Fixed the leak from the valve this morning had to pull it and put the plug in.. Tightened up all the hose clamps again.. I think when I get home and have a minute I'm got to replace them..
replyreply
03-04-2017, (Subject: Cm2250 ) 
(03-02-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 )halfpint Wrote:  I have a check engine light coming on, and it says fuel rail pressure. Some days it may not come on at all, and sometimes maybe once or twice a day. You can stop and turn the ignition off and then back on and it will go off. When the light comes on it will derate power, until you turn the. Key off and then back on. I've changed fuel filter and fuel water separator filter. Anyone have any idea what my problem could be?

Which fuel pump does it have on it? I would be very careful with any cel dealing with fuel pressure.. The ceramic plungers go with little to no warning. Blowing ceramic shrapnel into the oil pan. Taking the mains and rods out along the way. 2 cyl fuel pumps have 4 Allen head bolts. 3 cyl have 8 hex head bolts. You can call dealer with the last 6 of you Vin and ask if the fuel pump campaign was ever completed, or if your truck was even included in it.

Don't ever take the dealers word on that. Mr. Hagg talked to cummins and peterbilt about mine. They both said " yes it's been updated". No it hadn't. A $20 gasket is cheaper than an $20000 engine. Check it yourself.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: halfpint
Nice job guys. Good topic. Enjoyed reading.
replyreply
Fuel mileage is up another 0.3 mpg in dash, and it was my home run so I wasn't running slow like I should.. It's officially the highest I've ever seen it.. I'll find out Monday what the pump to pump milage is.. And I happy to report after retighting the clamps and putting the plug back in the lower water tube I have no leaks.. Once again I can't thank Rawze and Vin enough for the help while I was there..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(03-04-2017 )overshot Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 )halfpint Wrote:  I have a check engine light coming on, and it says fuel rail pressure. Some days it may not come on at all, and sometimes maybe once or twice a day. You can stop and turn the ignition off and then back on and it will go off. When the light comes on it will derate power, until you turn the. Key off and then back on. I've changed fuel filter and fuel water separator filter. Anyone have any idea what my problem could be?

Which fuel pump does it have on it? I would be very careful with any cel dealing with fuel pressure.. The ceramic plungers go with little to no warning. Blowing ceramic shrapnel into the oil pan. Taking the mains and rods out along the way. 2 cyl fuel pumps have 4 Allen head bolts. 3 cyl have 8 hex head bolts. You can call dealer with the last 6 of you Vin and ask if the fuel pump campaign was ever completed, or if your truck was even included in it.

Don't ever take the dealers word on that. Mr. Hagg talked to cummins and peterbilt about mine. They both said " yes it's been updated". No it hadn't. A $20 gasket is cheaper than an $20000 engine. Check it yourself.

Thanks guys. I'll check and see which pump it has. I've noticed that it only seems to do it when using the jake for a long period of time. Such as coming off a mountain or going down a long grade. As soon as you get off the jake and on the throttle is when the check engine light will come on. I have an app with Mr. Hagg April 10th. Maybe he can work some magic on it if I haven't found the problem by then.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Squish099
03-14-2017, (Subject: Cm2250 ) 
Gotta say -- I am impressed by the helpful attitude and actions going on here in this group.

Rawze - thank you foe giving so much of your time and effort to helping out the other road warriors!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Squish099
06-04-2017, (Subject: Cm2250 ) 
Just an update.. Due for 3rd oil change since the problem was removed.. Oil is dark but can see golden color still.. Switch from delo to Rotella after first change after removal.. Oil usage has slowed down.. Only 1 gallon @ about 8-9000 miles just put another in tonight before starting, getting pm tomorrow @ 16xxx since last service.. Fuel milage even with my idle time, in these warm nights, is always over 1 mpg better than I'd ever seen before removal. Needless to say that I am happy.. Think the throw out bearing is rattling. Collecting parts for bearing roll and damper replacement soon.. Need to get back down to A-town soon so I can take Rawze and Vin out for another night of debauchery..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
02-16-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 ) 
(02-19-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  
(02-19-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  if your going to de-mandate it then you should contact forum members Mr. Hag, Vin, Unilevers, or Gearhead. All of these guys do top notch tuning that does not have to be questioned later.
It's under serious consideration.. Trying to get my lists of pros and cons together.. Do I have to have insite or just an inline adapter to do it remotely? I'm looking @ both and pricing stuff.. So far the local kw dealer has cheapest I've found @ 845 for the inline 6 kit and 675 for insite pro..
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.