Cm2250
02-28-2017, (Subject: Cm2250 ) 
RE: Cm2250
He pulled his exhaust cans and had them cleaned all out properly, inspected decomp tube (was ok), replaced some clamps and hangers for the exhaust that had rusted and failed. He cleaned some sensors and re-seated all the connectors for them as well. A custom tune was done on it based on how he drives, his drive-train, etc.

He had a leaky EGR piping at the intake so it got cleaned and re-seated. I helped him replace a bad desiccant filter, and pointed out he needed to replace his power steering filter and his coolant filter. Engine passed a rail/injector leak-down test with zero pressure loss in 1 minute.

He drilled out his crank case filter. There were no signs of coolant leakage and his EGR cooler was new. His lower radiator coolant return pipe is rusted through, so he got a new one and put extra coats of paint on it before installing the new one.

Vin came over to visit and helped him install a pyro and boost gauge set in it for him so he can drive by them to save fuel and keep an eye on how his engine runs.

His valve train looked pretty good for the mileage but I could easily tell no one had ever adjusted them. I helped him re-adjust all his valves and checked his engine brake clearance. All was good after we got done. At some point he needs to re-torque all his axles as it has never been done, and he needs to have his front spring hangers shimmed, there is a lot of side-play in them and the front-end makes a "pop" sound in a tight turn because of it.

He is waiting on some clamps that got back-ordered. Once we get those back on we can test drive it and make sure it is running good again.

We drank some beer in the evenings and I cooked some nice food for everyone and laughed the night away while discussing how to slow down and save money, not driving it so hard all damn the time.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Squish099 , kalsandhu , Magard , gatow900 , Vin , schISM , Hedley , fargonaz , Texasdude74
It's been a long few days.. Rawze has been an awesome host.. I couldn't have done it this fast with out him and Vin help.. He pointed out problems that I wouldn't have seen till I was seating on the side of the road.. I cannot express my gratitude to Rawze.. There are very few people left in this world like him.. Thank you for your time and expertise on these motors..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kalsandhu , Magard , gatow900 , Waterloo , Vin , Hedley , Texasdude74
Did you install a oil by pass filter yet?
replyreply
Me and Rawze discussed it.. He said to watch the oil after the tune.. See if it cleans up or goes black again.. Then decide.. The cm2250 only runs 37-38 psi on highway. To bypass I will have to shim the pump. I currently have little time this week for it..
replyreply
I shimmed my pump with 8 dimes. I used to be 35 psi running on Highway and now run 43-45 psi @60mph and 42psi climbing steep grade. I have an amsoil bypass system on my 2250. Same one like rawze.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Squish099
(02-28-2017 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  I shimmed my pump with 8 dimes. I used to be 35 psi running on Highway and now run 43-45 psi @60mph and 42psi climbing steep grade. I have an amsoil bypass system on my 2250. Same one like rawze.

I'll shim the pump for sure when I do bearing roll in a 100k or so.. Im going to do it and balancer around 500k
replyreply
Just called and made me an appointment with Mr. Hagg. Hopefully I can run a few weeks without any major issues.
replyreply
03-01-2017, (Subject: Cm2250 ) 
I cannot express my gratitude to Rawze, we've had a long frustrating day today.. Found out that the dealer sold me the wrong lower water tube yesterday.. Damn heater house outlet is 90° from the original.. Of course only after draining coolant, sanding, priming, armor coating it and putting it on.. We've been all over the place looking for a 90° elbow to finish it.. I cannot tell you all how mad I am.. Rawze is pretty upset to.. Been to kw 3 times today. Peterbilt once. Home Depot twice.. And a few failed attempts to make the connection work.. Hopefully tomorrow morning will work in our favor.. Again Rawze I cannot thank you enough for your time, expertise, and experience with these motors. I'm sorry we've ran all over the country side and came up empty...
replyreply
03-01-2017, (Subject: Cm2250 ) 
(03-01-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  I cannot express my gratitude to Rawze, we've had a long frustrating day today.. Found out that the dealer sold me the wrong lower water tube yesterday.. Damn heater house outlet is 90° from the original.. Of course only after draining coolant, sanding, priming, armor coating it and putting it on.. We've been all over the place looking for a 90° elbow to finish it.. I cannot tell you all how mad I am.. Rawze is pretty upset to.. Been to kw 3 times today. Peterbilt once. Home Depot twice.. And a few failed attempts to make the connection work.. Hopefully tomorrow morning will work in our favor.. Again Rawze I cannot thank you enough for your time, expertise, and experience with these motors. I'm sorry we've ran all over the country side and came up empty...

Not your fault, MHC, or better yet, the idiot who re-designed the pipe without re-designing a hose to go with it should be apologizing not you.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Squish099

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.