EGR Tune-Up, 2010 Cascadia
04-12-2018, (Subject: EGR Tune-Up, 2010 Cascadia ) 
RE: EGR Tune-Up, 2010 Cascadia
(04-12-2018 )bossboy2 Wrote:  
(02-19-2017 )martinef1963 Wrote:  I removed the Delta P Sensor and cleaned it off. I purchased a new one, but it is a modified / updated version that Freightliner sold me and I would have to cut three wires, crimp them and then "calibrate" the sensor.

I didn't feel that brave today and think i might just go and pay for the dealer to do this task. Cutting an electrical harness on these over engineered, sensor ridden platforms just keeps me in check.
The mechanic said the ECM needs to be reset to "absolute zero" or it could set a code. Apparently the ECM "learns" the values being generated by the Delta-P sensor so your previous sensor "learned value" may be different than what a brand new sensor expects to read...hence the code being thrown.

This is actually not true for the EGR Delta-P sensor at all. It only applies somewhat to the DPF Delta-P sensor if it was reading high before changing it. -- You mechanic is mistaken. -- also, you should NEVER EVER do a maint reset on the system without having the DPF and DOC flow tested/baked as it will reset it in a partially blocked state and throw off all the readings!. -- I.E.> A second mistake your "mechainc" has now made.

Now, to fix your problems,.. you need to pull your DPF and DOC and go have them flow tyested and baked out,.. THEN DO A PROPER RESET ON THE SYSTEM WITH INSITE!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DosGatos , Waterloo , Brock

Messages In This Thread
RE: EGR Tune-Up, 2010 Cascadia - Rawze - 04-12-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.