Taking care of employee's
02-19-2017, (Subject: Taking care of employee's ) 
Taking care of employee's
./uploads/201702/post_856_1487543627_31e1abe9cbb11b986cb0d910a374c97d.jpg

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , 386lover , snailexpress , Waterloo , gatow900
02-19-2017, (Subject: Taking care of employee's ) 
RE: Taking care of employee's
Maybe I need to work for that guy then.Not how it usually goes
replyreply
02-20-2017, (Subject: Taking care of employee's ) 
Customer FIRST! GOOD WORK = Decent Hourly rate that is how business works, from ghe driver delivering freight on time to the mechanic paying overtime to get your truck back on the road quicker! DiY long time or professional quick time, you get what you pay for -the dealer overprice
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
I have always ran my company by trying to put my drivers first. I have always paid more then others and paid 100% health benefits and given my drivers my truck if they were broke down so they don't lose time and so much more.

The last 2 of my drivers have gone on to buy Thier own trucks with my help.

I've had other owner operators get mad at me for the wages I pay because they say it makes them look bad.... luckily I don't care but all their drivers try and come work for me and rarely do mine leave.

The problem I've ran into is that it is never enough for a driver, they always think they are entitled to more and it seems the better I pay..... the less they seem to take care of my equipment.

It makes no damn sense, by paying more and treating them great.... I have literally created a bunch of entitled little brats!

When I paid less, it seemed the drivers had drive to move up in the pay scale but when I start at the high end.... they seem to think it's cause they are the best driver in the world and are owed something.

No wonder guys sell Thier trucks and just go back to running one.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard , Rawze , Waterloo , Kid Rock , gatow900 , kmk , kalsandhu , Running rough
Not so much with trucking never tried this but believe it or not in the cowboy world I hire women. They do a good job, can take orders and don't bitch, from my experience. If I was hiring drivers I would hire women unless it was just to physical of work. I've been around women hired drivers some and it seems like you actually get a pretty good brain for the money. Truck driving is good money compared to office work. Just a thought. I have noticed the more you pay the less you get with cowboys. Hell pretty soon I'm working for them it seems. If you remind them who's the boss then there feelings get all hurt. Not to be a ass but women remember who the boss is. God made them that way wether they except it or not.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , hhow55
(02-20-2017 )Magard Wrote:  Not so much with trucking never tried this but believe it or not in the cowboy world I hire women. They do a good job, can take orders and don't bitch, from my experience. If I was hiring drivers I would hire women unless it was just to physical of work. I've been around women hired drivers some and it seems like you actually get a pretty good brain for the money. Truck driving is good money compared to office work. Just a thought. I have noticed the more you pay the less you get with cowboys. Hell pretty soon I'm working for them it seems. If you remind them who's the boss then there feelings get all hurt. Not to be a ass but women remember who the boss is. God made them that way wether they except it or not.
Out in my neck of the woods you see alot of women running the big Rock trucks and earth movers because men drive something that big and ego kicks in, they bag drive the equipment. Women don't tend to have that problem.

I've always wanted to hire women but I run older equipment and can't find mechanically inclined women who drive truck. If I owned new equipment with warranty then I may go that route.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard , Waterloo , Running rough
(02-20-2017 )Brock Wrote:  I have always ran my company by trying to put my drivers first. I have always paid more then others and paid 100% health benefits and given my drivers my truck if they were broke down so they don't lose time and so much more.

I've had other owner operators get mad at me for the wages I pay because they say it makes them look bad.... luckily I don't care but all their drivers try and come work for me and rarely do mine leave.

The problem I've ran into is that it is never enough for a driver, they always think they are entitled to more and it seems the better I pay..... the less they seem to take care of my equipment.

It makes no damn sense, by paying more and treating them great.... I have literally created a bunch of entitled little brats!

When I paid less, it seemed the drivers had drive to move up in the pay scale but when I start at the high end.... they seem to think it's cause they are the best driver in the world and are owed something.

My experience too... One truck is plenty, I have no desire to go back to those days... And yes, they could destroy a piece of equipment in seconds. The difficult part of it all, we had to hire ten drivers to find one keeper. What really amazed me was the complete lack of knowledge they had when it came to the industry they worked in. And I am not speaking of being a mechanic, just simple paperwork that we all do, scaling a load, planning a trip or routing themselves properly. I had one driver that I could cut lose that knew what to do and did it well. The rest I had to babysit 24/7... It was not fun, nor profitable. It was a happy day when I sold those last few pieces of equipment.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: in2trux
(02-20-2017 )Brock Wrote:  I have always ran my company by trying to put my drivers first. I have always paid more then others and paid 100% health benefits and given my drivers my truck if they were broke down so they don't lose time and so much more.

Hey, I completely agree with you. As long as you don't marry them, women are more reliable and overall better employees.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Marriage makes them think there your boss. Part of the fall. But every man needs one. What do you do?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.