Hello!
02-19-2016, (Subject: Hello! ) 
Hello!
Just seeing if I am able to post too... So what the hell happened? I saw the site down message, just curious...
replyreply
RE: Hello!
(02-19-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  Just seeing if I am able to post too... So what the hell happened? I saw the site down message, just curious...

Its called a "growing pain".

When this site was small,.. no one cared about what people said on here. Pretty much, everyone said what they wanted to. They would brag about illegal custom engine modifications openly, and tell stories of carnage using specific company names etc. -- Personally, I think it was great and it also was a valuable resource, as some of those companies are truly bad at what they do.

What was bad though, it this...

Our little corner of the Internet was/is starting to take a front page on Google, and about 200 other search engines whenever someone would type in that company's name. This place would quite often show up on the first page. The info got so popular, that it would even be higher on the list, or perhaps the first hit. -- This is not good, and can be considered defamation unless there is proof to everything said by every single individual that said it.

No one really cares about a few guys talking smack,.. truth or otherwise, but it was just too much, with too many references to big names that the trucking community easily recognizes.

There were a bunch of cyber attacks with correlating cyberstalking on peoples telephones, XM radio, complaint e-mails sent etc. by a cyberstalker(s) from a well known auto/truck forum, and that triggered a serious look into what should be done.

I considered this early on, and took a good look at what we were doing here. This is what I found...

This place did get out of hand. I think everyone here knows this too. People would very openly brag about their trucks and the things they did to them, and brag about things they had done that were not so legal either. Considering much of them lived in countries where those things lead to hefty fines, it had to go to protect them. ALL this was in the open, being scanned by Google and every other place across the globe. -- This is not good for anyone, and at first, I thought I could read and edit every single post, all 17,000+ of them, and weed them out to protect everyone here,.. but it was just too carelessly integrated into the daily conversation here.

This is NOT a forum about EGR deletes, but about helping truck owners with their trucks. There was a wealth of information on here, but it was so heavily integrated into the "other" type of discussion,.. That it was impossible to separate without months and months of editing.

I really did not want to axe it,... but I had to for the protection of everyone on this forum and me too.

I want to make a REALLY BIG APOLOGY in advance for everyone who lost all their good articles, etc. -- Hopefully, they will not take it too harshly and consider that this was done to protect their followers too. I also want to apologize to everyone because it is really my fault that all the "good" information got lost, because I did not assist in keeping it separated.

-- If your willing to accept this from me,.. that would be great, but I understand if it upsets you. In the meantime, hopefully, we can start over and actually do what we intend to do,...

Helping people with their trucks and truck business here on this forum, but this time ... keep the direct name references etc. and the references to questionable modifications to more private, or elevated areas of the forum, so that all the wonderful knowledge that was here is not lost again.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I've learned a TON from this site and from all of your posts/videos, Rawze, and from several of the other members. Even without the other discussions, you've been a HUGE help with learning how to take care of my truck. I mostly just lurk and try to shove information into my brain, but I'm really glad this is back and I think most of us really appreciate it and what you do.
replyreply
(02-19-2016 )Mother Trucker Wrote:  I've learned a TON from this site and from all of your posts/videos, Rawze, and from several of the other membersf. Even without the other discussions, you've been a HUGE help with learning how to take care of my truck. I mostly just lurk and try to shove information into my brain, but I'm really glad this is back and I think most of us really appreciate it and what you do.
Exactly, well said
replyreply
Don't say a whole lot on the forum, but I have learned so much and its not so easy for anyone to "pull the wool over your eyes" anymore. The knowledge is priceless. Thank you Rawze and everyone else for the absolute best site anywhere.
replyreply
And I had that really good write up on how to fix the leaky sleeper windows in our ProStars! Lost forever... LOL! Rawze, your still the man! Glad to see we are all still here!
replyreply
If not for Rawze and this forum I was ready to quit trucking. Gave new life to an old trucker. Thanks Rawze and everyone on here.
replyreply
I am with horseshoe, I don't say alot but read alot and beginning to understand my cm871's was priceless. We have moved recently into cm2250 land going to try to learn this now, but I still remember the first time I stumbled upon those great you tube tune up videos and later to this site. Thank you Rawze and members for the pool of knowledge and time shared here for others and I hope it only continues to grow. I am located in one of the harshest if not The most harsh state for emissions so this info in here is very helpful to understand this ever changing series of engines.
replyreply
02-20-2016, (Subject: Hello! ) 
I come to this site every day to learn about my red motor. This site has saved my butt numerous times. A big thanks to Rawze and everybody who has helped.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.