Vibrations and rattling solved. Int' 9900ix.
03-07-2016, (Subject: Vibrations and rattling solved. Int' 9900ix. ) 
Vibrations and rattling solved. Int' 9900ix.
The problem was on a 05', 9900ix, ISX15, with a 13spd.

Problem solved ..

I bought the truck and drove it almost 9 months and never had a problem with the clutch brake.

However, about 7 months into operation I noticed that my steer tires had started doing a wobble and vibration between 45-60 mph. I spent time and money chasing the source of the wobble and bounce in the front end. Rotating tires and buying a new steer tire. Front end alignment checked and adjusted. Checked king pins, shocks, hangars, wheel bearings, u bolts, drive shafts and carrier bearings.

Nobody could figure it out. Then at about the 9 month mark my clutch brake popped. Replaced it and all was well with the clutch brake for about 1 month. Then that clutch brake burnt out and replaced it.

At this point I questioned that something was wrong with my transmission and I also let a little paranoia question myself on my driving habits with the clutch pedal. Was I unkowlingly destroying the clutch brakes? This was driving me nuts because I have driven 18 spd, 15, 13, 10 and 9 speeds and I have never destroyed a clutch brake.

Went to see Jerry. He dropped the transmission and clutch and discovered I had a bad pilot bearing. Also, the clutch that he removed was fairly new, but was the wrong clutch for my transmission. The clutch was designed for an AutoShift EF transmission and not my EF 13spd manual transmission.

He explained the center disk inside the Autoshift designed clutches have no ability to flex during operation and are very stiff.

When the new clutch arrived he showed me the difference in the center disk area design for trucks spec'd out for manual transmissions. Plus, the difference between new pilot bearing and the busted pilot bearing that came out with chewed up steel balls.

After Jerry finished the truck now drives smoothly with no rattles, no vibrations and no steer tires bouncing between 45-60. I am amazed at how many different things on a heavy duty truck can cause steer tire problems and vibrations through the drivetrain.

Jerry is very knowledgable in transmissions and not just Diesel engines in heavy duty trucks. If your in the southeast and have a problem he is someone to call and discuss your problem and get it fixed the right way.
replyreply
03-08-2016, (Subject: Vibrations and rattling solved. Int' 9900ix. ) 
RE: Vibrations and rattling solved. Int' 9900ix.
I can't wait to get over to {***}, just to let him do a good visual inspection.
replyreply
Great guy and a blessing from God! Lol little early.
replyreply
Thanks however, all I did was see that your clutch was not releasing as it should so we knew the pilot bearing had to be going out. What got me was the clutch was fairly new. Though it was a off bran and who ever installed it must have not replace the pilot bearing. I have installed many clutched in my life time and had many with problems. That's why now I ONLY use new ones and most of them are the 6 paddle 1850... The only short fall I have right now is getting the flywheels turned. Being at the mercy of the someone to do them for us. So if anyone out here was to come across someone with a machine to turn flywheels please let me know.
replyreply
03-09-2016, (Subject: Vibrations and rattling solved. Int' 9900ix. ) 
If you take a look at ebay, you will see a couple of flywheel grinder's for sale
replyreply
03-12-2016, (Subject: Vibrations and rattling solved. Int' 9900ix. ) 
The big thing is having someone hoo cares about there work and is not just a parts changer
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.