Exhaust Manifold Gasket Leak
02-26-2017, (Subject: Exhaust Manifold Gasket Leak ) 
RE: Exhaust Manifold Gasket Leak
(02-26-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  I wonder if you had an extreme high heat issue and it damaged your manifold? When I had my in frame done, I had them check my exhaust manifold for warping, it passed that test, but the gasket was rather toasty in one spot, cannot remember which cylinder. My truck had a high heat incident prior to me purchasing, I discovered this when I eliminated the mandate and discovered my head was bad. It is a CM-871, wound up replacing the head with a new OEM along with everything else on the motor... And I mean just about everything. The old manifold stayed, but I did have them install new bolts and spacers along with the gasket, of course.

Ok you have me wondering now. How this all began was crappy fuel mileage. I pulled and checked the fueling and timing actuators and found 3 worn/bad, I replaced them and when I started the truck it chugged black smoke. Shut it down and started asking about it. I was told by different people to let it run it'll do that. I let it run maybe a less than a minute, then maybe a minute or 2 again as it was choking out my neighborhood. Then once I think I got 4 or 5 minutes out of it but then I notice it looked like something was overheating under the hood (but not for sure) at the same time I got a Fuel Rail Pressure code on the dash and shut it down. At this point the DPF was black faced so it wouldn't start again anyway. That ended up up not cleanable and had 3 cracks in it. DOC was ok. Thats when I found it had 4 bad injectors and so I took it to the stealership to have all 6 put in, all new actuators, some other things they found and now this pops up. Before it was louder and today it was not as noticable to the ear, but that maybe because it was still cool as I was just idling with the pto kicked up. So now I'm wondering what else is going to follow this. UGH. Why only after the mandate delete did you discover the head being warped?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exhaust Manifold Gasket Leak - Grizzly - 02-26-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.