Small CPL big power
03-01-2017, (Subject: Small CPL big power ) 
RE: Small CPL big power
I'll give you the better average mileage. Outpulling the big injector no.

We used to pull train's on winter permits logging that grossed out at 167,000 with hopped up Mack's with E9's and nobody gave a shi#t about mileage because we could make the 4th load a day and nobody else could. That was the good old days.
replyreply
(03-01-2017 )Joesixpack Wrote:  I'll give you the better average mileage. Outpulling the big injector no.

We used to pull train's on winter permits logging that grossed out at 167,000 with hopped up Mack's with E9's and nobody gave a shi#t about mileage because we could make the 4th load a day and nobody else could. That was the good old days.

The red motor is NOT a mac!

The smaller injectors can easily achieve 800HP. I have pushed them to as much as 1100 with insane torque to the flywheel just to see if it could be done. It has been done dozens of times and the injection mapping can be set to accommodate them well. The only difference with them is that they take a bit longer to push the fuel into the cylinder, producing higher than normal internal combustion temps much above about 750 or so. Compensation can be made to reduce this easily enough. It is only a matter of fully understanding the combustion process and how it related to fuel injection lag.

* Been there -- Done that -- Smoked tires at 70-mph on dry ground bobtail. Light em up and make you think the clutch is slipping till you look in the mirrors. Even twisted a drive-shaft or 2.

====

There be sharks lurking in these waters and they be real. We just don't go around bragging about it, there is no point in a highway truck.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , PuroCumminsPower , axe
I knew he was human. Every human just can't help but have a little destruction in them. Tires on fire, drivelines filling the skies. Ha Ha that was fun. Then reality sets back in. shi#t that was expensive. Back to work.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , axe , 386lover
(03-01-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 )Joesixpack Wrote:  I'll give you the better average mileage. Outpulling the big injector no.

The smaller injectors can easily achieve 800HP. I have pushed them to as much as 1100 with insane torque to the flywheel just to see if it could be done. It has been done dozens of times and the injection mapping can be set to accommodate them well. The only difference with them is that they take a bit longer to push the fuel into the cylinder, producing higher than normal internal combustion temps much above about 750 or so. Compensation can be made to reduce this easily enough. It is only a matter of fully understanding the combustion process and how it related to fuel injection lag.

* Been there -- Done that -- Smoked tires at 70-mph on dry ground bobtail. Light em up and make you think the clutch is slipping till you look in the mirrors. Even twisted a drive-shaft or 2.

====

There be sharks lurking in these waters and they be real. We just don't go around bragging about it, there is no point in a highway truck.

What what you didn't think the Mack's were my hot rods....LOL

You could say I know a thing or two about diesel combustion.
replyreply

Not only do I outpull most, I do it on cruise control while letting my automatic transmission do the work.... not even bagging it.

I live out by the alpac pulp mill and I have a term for the guys you describe.... bankrupt. The loggers that run like that are always the arrogant ones who think Thier shi#t don't stink cause they are "top pullers" yet their year end net incomes are piss poor and they are begging Thier mechanic for credit cause they cant pay Thier bills.

I'm not referring to you as one of those guys but I'm in the Alberta logging hub, I've seen the same crap year in and year out.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: axe
Oooof. This was 20 years or more back already and it was the best money we ever made. Back then our cut was stump to mill and all we paid was a minuscule royalty being on crown land the rest was ours. If we finished it in advance they gave us another cut.
It was a license to print money.

I don't particularly remember any arrogance going around between operation's back then at least. Could just be an Alberta thing.......LOL

God only know's how the owner operator make's it today.
replyreply
(03-01-2017 )Joesixpack Wrote:  Oooof. This was 20 years or more back already and it was the best money we ever made. Back then our cut was stump to mill and all we paid was a minuscule royalty being on crown land the rest was ours. If we finished it in advance they gave us another cut.
It was a license to print money.

I don't particularly remember any arrogance going around between operation's back then at least. Could just be an Alberta thing.......LOL

God only know's how the owner operator make's it today.
Wasn't too long ago I was up in wabasca making 180/hr and running the way you talked about. 6 months in a row I was given the "top grossing truck" award and that included semi vacs that billed out 250/hr. I remember thinking I was making alot of money.....

Turns out it was my mechanic who was making alot of money because I took a net loss. I've now adjusted the way I do business or I wouldn't have survived.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: axe
Well obviously when you have a license to print money you don't break the press.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , snailexpress
03-02-2017, (Subject: Small CPL big power ) 
(03-01-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  

====

What's the chance of there bein a video of that.......
replyreply
 Thanks given by: gatow900

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.