Small CPL big power
03-01-2017, (Subject: Small CPL big power ) 
RE: Small CPL big power
(03-01-2017 )Joesixpack Wrote:  A small injector maxed out isn't going to be more efficient than a larger injector at the high power limit just due to poor timing. Obviously the small injector could hit better efficiency at the lower power levels.

Same with the charger.

Common sense would tell you that but my real world experience is the opposite. I am on a regional 140,000lbs crude oil run in Alberta and alot of the guys I run with have isx engines. I am the only one with a family 2 as everyone running trains goes for big 525+ power and has the family 3. I pull just as good on the hills as any of them and for the most part due to my lower gearing, out pull most but most importantly is the fact that my mileage is better then any of them and my truck is a autoshift.

My smaller injectors ARE doing better... but then the question is going to even smaller ones maybe they would be even better or would it be as you said.

I could possibly just overwork the piss out of that engine.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Small CPL big power - Brock - 02-25-2017,
RE: Small CPL big power - Brock - 03-01-2017
RE: Small CPL big power - Unilevers - 03-02-2017,
RE: Small CPL big power - Unilevers - 07-12-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.