Small CPL big power
03-01-2017, (Subject: Small CPL big power ) 
RE: Small CPL big power
(03-01-2017 )Joesixpack Wrote:  I'll give you the better average mileage. Outpulling the big injector no.

We used to pull train's on winter permits logging that grossed out at 167,000 with hopped up Mack's with E9's and nobody gave a shi#t about mileage because we could make the 4th load a day and nobody else could. That was the good old days.

The red motor is NOT a mac!

The smaller injectors can easily achieve 800HP. I have pushed them to as much as 1100 with insane torque to the flywheel just to see if it could be done. It has been done dozens of times and the injection mapping can be set to accommodate them well. The only difference with them is that they take a bit longer to push the fuel into the cylinder, producing higher than normal internal combustion temps much above about 750 or so. Compensation can be made to reduce this easily enough. It is only a matter of fully understanding the combustion process and how it related to fuel injection lag.

* Been there -- Done that -- Smoked tires at 70-mph on dry ground bobtail. Light em up and make you think the clutch is slipping till you look in the mirrors. Even twisted a drive-shaft or 2.

====

There be sharks lurking in these waters and they be real. We just don't go around bragging about it, there is no point in a highway truck.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , PuroCumminsPower , axe

Messages In This Thread
Small CPL big power - Brock - 02-25-2017,
RE: Small CPL big power - Rawze - 03-01-2017
RE: Small CPL big power - Unilevers - 03-02-2017,
RE: Small CPL big power - Unilevers - 07-12-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.