Electrical problems
02-27-2017, (Subject: Electrical problems ) 
RE: Electrical problems
Ghost problems, lights that flash in the cluster or other panels, or at the window controls, issues with A/C, dash cluster acting up, accel pedal, various cab controller issues, and other things just acting funny on Prostars and Lonestars ...

(on my own truck)...
All my steering wheel controls on my prostar quit working a while back. Truck ran just fine but thing would act crazy, occasional ABs, etc. Cruise and Air and City horn would not work either. It was exactly like clock spring in steering wheel was bad. - Ohmmeter and load test on all wiring through it was good.

Turns out that the cab controller thought the truck ignition switch was in the "Cranking" position nonstop although it was not. Truck ran fine outside of little problems.

(The underlying problems with these types of failures)...
The cause was a tarnished fuse in the main fuse panel. Fuse was perfectly good, but was allowing voltage to one circuit to be a bit low. Took forever to find. - After I found it, i replaced ALL fuses that were old and had slightly tarnished blades. All problems went away.
===

update 03-06-2017...

My entire dash just went crazy. All air gauges went dead, turn signals went dead, headlights only work with windshield wipers,.. but wipers are dead!, Beep beep, beep low air warnings! - drive you crazy! -- Again--- Tarnished fuses in the panel! - As soon as i replaced them, all started working again!. - I ended up buying better brand of fuses this time instead of the typical truck stop garbage.

Here is a picture of the fuses that like to give these problems. It is All of the smaller ones only. The fuses were good, but the blades were slightly discolored! --

Also, don't forget about the fact that Prostars leak at the top of the cab badly from the factory... ALL of them do this. I mention it here in more detail...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid16882

-- and if anyone needs the wiring diagrams for their Prostar, here is where they are listed on Navistar's website:
http://bodybuilder.navistar.com/General/BBcircuitIX.htm

Tags:
prostar fuses, prostar tarnished fuses, prostar electrical problems, prostar no cruise, prostar no flashers, 5 amp fuses, prostar wiring problems, prostar wiring, prostar cruise

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: yamajason , Kid Rock , Pro Star Cummins , fargonaz , hhow55 , Waterloo , zero4 , JMBT , BobsYourUncle , Chamberpains , Sergiu , schISM , Paccardude , amermextrucker , PuroCumminsPower , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Electrical problems - kmk - 02-27-2017,
RE: Electrical problems - Rawze - 02-27-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.