Fuel not transferring between tanks on ProStar
02-28-2017, (Subject: Fuel not transferring between tanks on ProStar ) 
RE: Fuel not transferring between tanks on ProStar
(02-27-2017 )Pro Star Cummins Wrote:  Right side is just for storage on pro star.
We had problems also wouldn't transfer over.
Replace left side sending unit in tank . We ended
Up replacing right side first then pump, did the jumper thing ,pain in ass to get to
Pump . Decided to replace it . Still had problem until we replaced left side
Unit. It fixed our fuel gauge issue also . Drain fuel from tanks
And replace straps if bad.

So, if I am reading correctly I need to replace the left side sending unit, not the right side, correct? Afraid to even ask, but where is the pump located? Is there a way to test the sending units? Or, I am thinking just get two and replace both... When one goes the other is soon to follow.

Oh, my fuel gauge is still working if that matters? If my fuel gauge is still working, would that be more telling as to which side has failed?

Also, to change the sending unit out, will I need to drain the fuel tanks? It looks like I will have to loosen the tank straps and turn the tanks to extract the sending unit, correct? Will I need to remove the fuel line when I do this? And if so, is there a special tool needed to remove the fuel line? Is there some goofy fastener on there that can only be removed with a speciality tool? Or is it a simple push pull fitting?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuel not transferring between tanks on ProStar - Waterloo - 02-28-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.