DPF filter is missing
02-28-2017, (Subject: DPF filter is missing ) 
DPF filter is missing
Recently bought ProStar with ISX. While driving home yellow triangle(warn engine) come on and off. After got home i did EGR tune up. now triangle permanent code 1993 (missing DPF or damaged). today DPF cleaned and inspected and still no luck also installed new Differential Pressure sensor. I did connect tubes on sensor wrong ways, after couple hundred miles i changed but still the same. Any suggestions?
replyreply
RE: DPF filter is missing
(02-28-2017 )aeIAzdLZ Wrote:  Recently bought ProStar with ISX. While driving home yellow triangle(warn engine) come on and off. After got home i did EGR tune up. now triangle permanent code 1993 (missing DPF or damaged). today DPF cleaned and inspected and still no luck also installed new Differential Pressure sensor. I did connect tubes on sensor wrong ways, after couple hundred miles i changed but still the same. Any suggestions?
I did the same thing, I changed my dpf differential pressure sensor right at the dpf and ended up putting the 2 little hoses on backwards so it didn't read correctly. I had to do 1 of 2 things, a maintenance reset on the dpf and the other was just to drive it, I honestly believe that after a certain number of key on/off that mine finally went away but I wish I could remember 100%

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: aeIAzdLZ
(02-28-2017 )aeIAzdLZ Wrote:  ... triangle permanent code 1993 (missing DPF or damaged)...

Hooray!
Oh wait, you didn't want that?

Sorry, I'm full of cynicism today...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf , Waterloo
03-01-2017, (Subject: DPF filter is missing ) 
(02-28-2017 )Brock Wrote:  
(02-28-2017 )aeIAzdLZ Wrote:  Recently bought ProStar with ISX. While driving home yellow triangle(warn engine) come on and off. After got home i did EGR tune up. now triangle permanent code 1993 (missing DPF or damaged). today DPF cleaned and inspected and still no luck also installed new Differential Pressure sensor. I did connect tubes on sensor wrong ways, after couple hundred miles i changed but still the same. Any suggestions?
I did the same thing, I changed my dpf differential pressure sensor right at the dpf and ended up putting the 2 little hoses on backwards so it didn't read correctly. I had to do 1 of 2 things, a maintenance reset on the dpf and the other was just to drive it, I honestly believe that after a certain number of key on/off that mine finally went away but I wish I could remember 100%

I've drive for couple hours today nothing changes. Even stop at dealership bought one more dpf pressure sensor, though maybe one what i have is defective. checked exhaust for leaks with spray bottle, and wires all good
triangle (warn engine) still there :cry2:
replyreply
Do you have the software and adapter? You could spend a lifetime guessing about it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
(03-01-2017 )fargonaz Wrote:  Do you have the software and adapter? You could spend a fortune guessing about it.
I fixed it for ya...
Agreed with fargonaz, if you don't have one, get yourself a Chinese knockoff Inline adapter. Yesterday wouldn't be soon enough...these engines and there endless lists of CEL"s become exponentially simpler to work on when you have the correct tool for the job

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
If memory serves me correctly, the "dpf missing" alarm is one of the alarms that cannot be reset right away. If engine see it for X number of hours, then you have to drive for same X number of hours before it clears again AFTER you have fixed what caused it. When the engine reaches 250 hours with that alarm, it will shut down.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-01-2017 )fargonaz Wrote:  Do you have the software and adapter? You could spend a lifetime guessing about it.

I have inline 6 showing code 1993 and did all troubleshooting by cummins instruction 0 luck
replyreply
(03-01-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  If memory serves me correctly, the "dpf missing" alarm is one of the alarms that cannot be reset right away. If engine see it for X number of hours, then you have to drive for same X number of hours before it clears again AFTER you have fixed what caused it. When the engine reaches 250 hours with that alarm, it will shut down.

Sounds like good news to me
Hopefully it will work
Thank You!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.