RE:CM 870 EGR TUNE UP GUIDE
06-27-2017, (Subject: RE:CM 870 EGR TUNE UP GUIDE ) 
RE: RE:CM 870 EGR TUNE UP GUIDE
(06-27-2017 )madcash2 Wrote:  Hi All,

thanks for all the help. So i did the whole tune up cleaned out all the pipes and sensors and egr tubes etc. My fuel mileage improved drastically since i did that however after 3rd trip its started getting worse and worse and now i feel like just throwing the truck down a ravine!!

I performed an injector leak test and full over head set but still no good!

The truck idles smoothly and doesn't have any excessive black smoke when given RPM. Infact its sounds realy smooth and doesnt have any fault codes.

I have checked on insite and the trip mileage is also going down so i know its not the driver doing some sort of magic.

Please help as im not winning the ISX war...

Thanks

Wayne

It could be something simple as a dirty air filter. You mention black smoke, this is a sign of to much fuel or not sufficient air. I remember an owner, and one time his air filter's became wet. I would also recommend checking for algae in your fuel.
Maybe this helps

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , madcash2

Messages In This Thread
RE: RE:CM 870 EGR TUNE UP GUIDE - hhow55 - 06-27-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.