Shocks
03-01-2017, (Subject: Shocks ) 
Shocks
Wondering what would be the best shocks for ride comfort 2012 kenworth t660
replyreply
03-01-2017, (Subject: Shocks ) 
RE: Shocks
I've heard Gabriel has a adjustable shock although I've never used it yet.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
03-02-2017, (Subject: Shocks ) 
You may want to check out Hendrickson shock's. I put them on my western star, and I have to admit I have never had a better ride in the 30 year's I have been driving.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
I had someone come over here that had these shocks a couple weeks ago...

http://roadkingshocks.com/

Not trying to advertize for them but they did impress me (not so easily done). I also liked that you can take them apart and service them and re-build them. Looked pricey though. Then again, you can get shocks for $65 ea. at the local parts houses around here too if someone is looking for a quick fix.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I priced out those Road Kings, they were not cheap, I want to say around $2000+ for the front and rears... If I was driving a desert racer that is one thing... To expensive for my wallet, even if they can be rebuilt.

I'm using the Gabriel Adjustable on my drives, I like them, have them set at medium stiffness as I rarely haul anything heavy. https://amzn.to/2VFXSCl

Monroe on the front. https://amzn.to/2Y5n56K

Saved quite a bit by purchasing on line.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55
I just recently installed the Monroe gas charged shocks on my drives same time I put new tires on. I'm not sure if it was the recap tires I was running before made for a poor ride but the truck feels brand new. I put Gabriel's on the front end not long ago and they seem okay but I'm considering trying Monroe's I'm that impressed, plus they seem to be a bigger bore then OEM... This is on a 2010 Pete 389
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
I have a set of Road kings installed on my Peterbilt Tri axle Dump Truck. My truck runs full gross 80 percent of the time and there is usually just about 18-20k on the steer axle. I can not say anything as to how their shocks would be on the drive axles as I usually have 50k sitting in a 18 foot box on top and eat through rear suspension like candy so I could not justify the expense on the drives but after years of trying to get the steer axle to to handle better I finally bit the bullet and purchased the Road Kings last year after I had the entire front end rebuilt and it still felt the same.

The difference for me was huge. It stopped the steering wheel bounce and side to side movement that I would get when loaded and it seems to help the tires wear more evenly.. So for the Steer tires I would recommend it to anyone who runs 20k axles but for not much more money I believe you can get air bag kits which might do the same if not better.. I guess what I am trying to say is that they worked for my application and I will be putting a set on the steer axle of my W900 Tractor here in a month or so...
replyreply
(03-02-2017 )Pete379 Wrote:  I have a set of Road kings installed on my Peterbilt Tri axle Dump Truck. My truck runs full gross 80 percent of the time and there is usually just about 18-20k on the steer axle. I can not say anything as to how their shocks would be on the drive axles as I usually have 50k sitting in a 18 foot box on top and eat through rear suspension like candy so I could not justify the expense on the drives but after years of trying to get the steer axle to to handle better I finally bit the bullet and purchased the Road Kings last year after I had the entire front end rebuilt and it still felt the same.

The difference for me was huge. It stopped the steering wheel bounce and side to side movement that I would get when loaded and it seems to help the tires wear more evenly.. So for the Steer tires I would recommend it to anyone who runs 20k axles but for not much more money I believe you can get air bag kits which might do the same if not better.. I guess what I am trying to say is that they worked for my application and I will be putting a set on the steer axle of my W900 Tractor here in a month or so...

Did you get the normal ones or Thier heavy haul ones!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(03-02-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  I priced out those Road Kings, they were not cheap, I want to say around $2000+ for the front and rears... If I was driving a desert racer that is one thing... To expensive for my wallet, even if they can be rebuilt.

I'm using the Gabriel Adjustable on my drives, I like them, have them set at medium stiffness as I rarely haul anything heavy. https://amzn.to/2VFXSCl

Monroe on the front. https://amzn.to/2Y5n56K

Saved quite a bit by purchasing on line.

Will these fit on a 2011 kw t660? Looking for front drive shocks and rears.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.