04-23-2018, (Subject: Broke down ) 
RE: Broke down
Got answer in 0.48 second.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyYvK8ErE78
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2 , Rawze , Mrkentee
I just shake my head at these threads. Seen a thread on another website titled “no brakes please help” then the thread was phrased... “took my truck to a shop for brake job and now my truck wont stop please help” this is supposedly a O/O saying this.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
(04-23-2018 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  I just shake my head at these threads. Seen a thread on another website titled “no brakes please help” then the thread was phrased... “took my truck to a shop for brake job and now my truck wont stop please help” this is supposedly a O/O saying this.

the schools have taught the bare minimum to pass a cdl exam. The trainers have taght the bare minimum to not die and the companies have taught that anybody can be an o/o. Just run as company driver for x months and lease this truck. We'll pay a whopping .98/ mile. Youll be rich in no time! All the above failed to actually teach how to do simple shi#t like adjust the brakes.
replyreply
I've had DOT Officer's get quite ignorant with me at the mere mention of adjusting a slack adjuster. They are under the impression you should by new 1 if it isn't auto adjusting 100% of the time. God forbid you actually take 1 off and service it properly let alone a quick adjustment to keep it within spec.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
I actually installed 4 new manual adjusters on my truck. The auto ones failed. No way i was paying for autos on this damn ragedy truck.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
04-29-2018, (Subject: Broke down ) 
(04-23-2018 )smorgan87 Wrote:  I actually installed 4 new manual adjusters on my truck. The auto ones failed. No way i was paying for autos on this damn ragedy truck.

I have a driver that prefers manual adjusters, the only problem is they aren't allowed on a truck newer than like 1995 or something, so I told him to no. I don't know if it's an out of service but I wouldn't want to chance it.
replyreply
04-29-2018, (Subject: Broke down ) 
Yes they can put you out of service for not having auto slacks after a certain year
replyreply
04-30-2018, (Subject: Broke down ) 
Yes they can ground you with manuals installed on vehicles newer than Jan 96 i believe. IMO if you have to replace an automatic slack replace it with the genuine haldex or the meritor brand not manuals. Gunite and the chinese knockoffs are junk if you ask me. Not challenging anyone who has good luck with them though. Also no CVIP facility will pass the vehicle inspection with manuals installed after that date.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.