CM 871 low oil pressure - where to start?
03-10-2017, (Subject: CM 871 low oil pressure - where to start? ) 
RE: CM 871 low oil pressure - where to start?
Ok I'll chime in here a little bit. Here's my take on this....

Blowby/Crankcase pressure: You never actually said you have excessive blowby, do you? You said you had a crankcase pressure code.... I had that code, replaced the sensor to no avail then pulled back the wire loom and noticed rubbed through wires 2" from the plug. Cummins sell a pigtail to repair this.

Oil Pressure: If your lucky and don't have the update, the oil bypass valve could be your issue.... here is rawzes video on it.

https://youtu.be/KgQ9s_tmsKA

It fixed my low oil pressure problem. If not then it may be needing a bearing roll before you throw a rod.

Boost: I guess we need to know what your boosting under full load to know if there is a issue or not. When your loaded and climbing a hill, keep it above 1500 and giver snot then let us know the most you hit. If it's lower by a little bit then I would suspect a small boost leak maybe. The blue intake hose has leaked a.little bit EVERY time a mechanic has taken it off.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM 871 low oil pressure - where to start? - Brock - 03-10-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.