Upside down triangle& beeping 07 Prostar ISX
03-07-2016, (Subject: Upside down triangle& beeping 07 Prostar ISX ) 
Upside down triangle& beeping 07 Prostar ISX
We recently acquired a fleet customer that has a large poorly maintained fleet of International Prostars with ISX engines . We are playing catch up every day . These trucks destroy VGT turbos and EGRs . We have got a handle on a lot of these trucks where they are staying on the road thanks to this site ..... My question is this : After an EGR clean out or swap and Turbo swap why do these trucks always go back into limp mode with the beeping and upside down triangle every time ???? Most start up sounding great then go back into limp mode . We are learning everyday about these engines .......... ...............also what is the correct procedure for a driver on the road to do a Regen ????? Thanks Aimee
replyreply
03-08-2016, (Subject: Upside down triangle& beeping 07 Prostar ISX ) 
RE: Upside down triangle& beeping 07 Prostar ISX
(03-07-2016 )Aimeesfleetservice Wrote:  We recently acquired a fleet customer that has a large poorly maintained fleet of International Prostars with ISX engines . We are playing catch up every day . These trucks destroy VGT turbos and EGRs . We have got a handle on a lot of these trucks where they are staying on the road thanks to this site ..... My question is this : After an EGR clean out or swap and Turbo swap why do these trucks always go back into limp mode with the beeping and upside down triangle every time ???? Most start up sounding great then go back into limp mode . We are learning everyday about these engines .......... ...............also what is the correct procedure for a driver on the road to do a Regen ????? Thanks Aimee

That would depend on the codes you are getting for the triangle.

Here is what comes to mind of off the top of my head...

There is some requirements for a parked regen or it will not work, but instead just blink the light on the switch, telling you it is not satisfied. Here are the requirements...

* The truck must be above 140 degrees on the coolant temp gauge.

* The truck must be out of gear, and not in PTO.

* The truck MUST have the regen-required light lit in the dash. I.E. It will NOT regen unless it is asking for one.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.