Fuel tank issues
03-11-2017, (Subject: Fuel tank issues ) 
Fuel tank issues
So both my fuel tanks empty evenly, but when it's running the drivers side is full of air bubbles and u can see fuel move around. The passenger side there is no bubbles and you canto see the fuel moving .

Is the drivers side sucking air?

How does a guy pull the pick up tube out?

Thanks
replyreply
RE: Fuel tank issues
What kind of truck?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
If it's a prostar, they draw fuel to the engine and return ONLY from the drivers side tank. The passenger side fuel tank is only hooked up to the drivers side tank and not the engine. There is a fuel level float on both tanks, when the drivers tank gets 20% lower then the passenger tank, it kicks in the transfer pump time pump over to the drivers side tank.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: race7820000
2006 Pete 379. There is no crossover hose like some have underneath. The lines go into a aluminum block above the driveshaft then to motor.
replyreply
(03-11-2017 )race7820000 Wrote:  2006 Pete 379. There is no crossover hose like some have underneath. The lines go into a aluminum block above the driveshaft then to motor.

When was the last time you replaced the lines? My 387 has the same setup and sometimes I have the same issues......more than likely you will need to have the lines redone. The main lines come/go from the engine to the distribution block under the center of the cab and supposed to pull from both tanks at the same time, even though there is only one fuel level sensor ( in the drivers' side tank)....

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: race7820000
Does it effect how the motor runs?
replyreply
The lines are factory, I have a fuel sensor in each tank. Mine draws even, the drivers side has bubbles and the fuel swirls around like a swimming pool. Or so it seems.

I have another 2006 shorthood, same isx engine , and it doesn't have bubbles in either tank and u can't see it swirling .
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.