Home made APU
06-24-2018, (Subject: Home made APU ) 
RE: Home made APU
(06-24-2018 )barf Wrote:  Hey Snailexpress and Jon Mastin, those posts are over a year old now. How are they standing up to time? Any problems with bending the back of the cab? Withstood the winter okay? Still work good? Would you do it again if you could go back, would you recommend? Thanks.

I don't have any problems. Just left warm Phoenix. Was sitting all Saturday
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87 , Chamberpains , barf
06-25-2018, (Subject: Home made APU ) 
Snail, what brand mini split did u use and howd u reengineer the mounts to hold up to this abuse?
replyreply
06-25-2018, (Subject: Home made APU ) 
(06-25-2018 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Snail, what brand mini split did u use and howd u reengineer the mounts to hold up to this abuse?
You can use any brand because inside there same chineese compressor. Just look for better price.
Original mounts are not designed to withstand road bumping. Use angle steel so you can use existing bolting points on the rear of the cab.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf , smorgan87
07-01-2018, (Subject: Home made APU ) 
So I pull the same reefer trailer all the time, I got an idea of putting a 3000watt inverter on it and just running a portable or window AC of it. Would I need to upgrade the alternator on the unit? I have a TK sb210, I would also probably need to run it continuous.
Let me know if anyone has any insight on this idea.
replyreply
(07-01-2018 )Zusky407 Wrote:  So I pull the same reefer trailer all the time, I got an idea of putting a 3000watt inverter on it and just running a portable or window AC of it. Would I need to upgrade the alternator on the unit? I have a TK sb210, I would also probably need to run it continuous.

Ya, be just a hair better than this guy. I was parked next to him last summer in Western PA. I guess if it works, go with it....

replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
Reefer alternator is weak for 3000 and refeer computer does control of current and voltage from alternator. Will be faulty codes or computer go kaput.
replyreply
(07-01-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  
(07-01-2018 )Zusky407 Wrote:  So I pull the same reefer trailer all the time, I got an idea of putting a 3000watt inverter on it and just running a portable or window AC of it. Would I need to upgrade the alternator on the unit? I have a TK sb210, I would also probably need to run it continuous.

Ya, be just a hair better than this guy. I was parked next to him last summer in Western PA. I guess if it works, go with it....
I will pay a thousand greens just not to move this crap around every day, sometime every stop.
People are so careless about own life. Imagine this unsecured projectile inside the cab in case of accident.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
(07-01-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  Reefer alternator is weak for 3000 and refeer computer does control of current and voltage from alternator. Will be faulty codes or computer go kaput.

This is what I was thinking but wanted to hear others say it before I go trying anything. Thanks for the reply
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
07-02-2018, (Subject: Home made APU ) 
(07-01-2018 )Zusky407 Wrote:  
(07-01-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  Reefer alternator is weak for 3000 and refeer computer does control of current and voltage from alternator. Will be faulty codes or computer go kaput.

This is what I was thinking but wanted to hear others say it before I go trying anything. Thanks for the reply

Reefer alternator can produce 37 amp only or 450 Watt
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.