Zero pressure cooling system
03-12-2017, (Subject: Zero pressure cooling system ) 
RE: Zero pressure cooling system
(03-12-2017 )fargonaz Wrote:  How do you keep the nitrates in balance?

Coolant test strips. They will tell you your levels, adjust accordingly

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
I drove my old cm870-400hp with zero pressure system from 340k to 945k miles when I sold the truck 4 years ago.Only with slightly loose cap,no any additional system.On this truck the coolant(red one) was never changed,never flush,only topped off with anything from green coolant to plain water(my first truck,absolute rookie).Engine never touched,only one overhead valve adjustment around 580k.,one turbo,fan belt pulley and one fuel shut off valve,that is all,yes ALL.Oil change every 15k, never add oil from change to change.Small blowby at the end.EGR closed around 360k with no any change in programing and still decent fuel mileage pulling REEFER 6,2-6,8.That time I did not know Rawze exist:))).

Sound like a Fairy Tail, right?But is the absolute reality.Still DEEPLY REGRET I sold that truck and bought brand new cm2350.Luckily now I know Rawze,BIG Thanks to Him.

I do not have any info how my old truck is continued to confirm any result of my treatment,was sold and exported to Mexico.
replyreply
(03-12-2017 )Magard Wrote:  I like the idea of a small leak vs. say a blown hose in bfe. I'm running more hp than you are rawze. I'm pretty much breaking your economy suggestions for my own reasons. Trying to incorporate what I can back in. Would you say high hp could make cavitation issues substantially worse or, water temp is water temp no matter if it's hp or a dirty radiator getting you there. I'm leaning towards as long a hp isn't above a fairly stock setting it shouldn't make much difference. What do you say?

You don't happen to have a Gandfather that came from Tennessee do you? Maybe a little inspiration for that condenser.

I have a 2919 CPL CM871 rated at 550/1850 with the NO HP increase @m*m^2 overlay. A 2919 CPL is the big injectors and the big turbo.
I pull roughly 180k gross for a living, and I NEVER let my coolant get to 230*.
I doubt very much that your slight HP increase will give you less desirable heat buildup and retention than I have.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 386lover
I'm sorry I didn't say that exactly right, what product do you use to achieve the correct nitrate levels?

Thanks
replyreply
(03-12-2017 )fargonaz Wrote:  I sorry I didn't say that exactly right, what product do you use to achieve the correct nitrate levels?

Thanks

somethng like this..
http://prestone.com/command/products/ext...ditive.php

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Squish099 , Brock
03-13-2017, (Subject: Zero pressure cooling system ) 
If you are running the red elc, is it necessary or recommended to ren the additive release filter as well? I've read on a separate forum that doing so causes a grey goo like substance to build up in the system. I don't know truth to it though

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201703/post_238_1489377666_eca13a13abf19fc043c6fbefed7b5afd.jpg
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
Red is supposed to be as maintenance free as it gets. I run a plain filter, no additives. Have it tested at every service and always comes back good. But I have yet to get more than 100k miles on it before something messes up and I wind up with fresh coolant in it lol.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(03-13-2017 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  If you are running the red elc, is it necessary or recommended to ren the additive release filter as well? I've read on a separate forum that doing so causes a grey goo like substance to build up in the system. I don't know truth to it though

I run the WF2127 filter. - no addatives in that one.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.