Synthetic Engine Oil vs Non Synthetic
04-04-2017, (Subject: Synthetic Engine Oil vs Non Synthetic ) 
Synthetic Engine Oil vs Non Synthetic
Im a man that believes that a guy is better off doing frequent oil changes with a non synthetic oil than paying for a synthetic. I typically buy Rotella 15w40 when it goes on sale. I do not have any bypass oil filtration in place.

My brother just changed the oil in our QSX Agriculture tractor with 0w40 synthetic. I think i should swap it out with 15w40. Right?
replyreply
04-04-2017, (Subject: Synthetic Engine Oil vs Non Synthetic ) 
RE: Synthetic Engine Oil vs Non Synthetic
You are asking the same question that has been asked 10,000 times on 10,000 forums.

Don't end up with cams that look like this one...

It does not matter if it is a gearbox or an engine, synthetic or non. The THINNER OIL WILL ALWAYS CREATE MORE WEAR when comparing them and they are close in protection ratings. - I have seen many engines apart and the ones with the LEAST wear over the long haul are the ones where people ran slightly thicker oils than the ones that made it thinner and/or were using synthetics. - Hence, hydraulic pressure rating and viscosity is VERY important, perhaps more important than the difference in ingredients when comparing oils from within a similar classification.

This is why I chose to use a gallon of gear lube at every oil change in my own engine. To increase the hydraulic pressure rating of the oil (thicken it) and to put back some of the really good additives (like a small bit of sulphides, dry-start prevention, etc. ) in it that Mr. EPA has stripped away from all the newest oils. I am convinced they have done this in the hopes of shortening engine life overall for all engines as much as they claim it is harmful if the oil gets burned.

Here is my own thoughts on oil based on my own truck and experiences ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid10261

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.