Cummins ISC issues
03-26-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISC issues ) 
RE: Cummins ISC issues
(03-26-2017 )gearhead Wrote:  Adjusting the valves would be nice LOL.

Yes, but barring the motor over would be a pain in the backside...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(03-26-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  

I've been studying up on setting the valves on my D13. The engine is barred over by installing a little tool that's about the same size as a largeish socket in a hole underneath the starter and turning with a ratchet. It works by engaging the flywheel but now for the "pain in the backside" bit. The witness marks are on the cam at the front of the engine. So with no help the procedure will be climb up on wheel and look for witness mark, climb down and crawl under truck to turn engine over "a little bit", climb up have a look, climb down and turn engine, climb up and curse loudly because it went just too far, repeat and repeat and repeat. This has to be done 12 times as the engine brake has it's own set of witness marks for each cylinder.

I'm happy with the Volvo in regards to the power and economy but the proprietary specialty tools required to work on them does get a bit pricey.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
(03-26-2017 )kryten Wrote:  
(03-26-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  

I've been studying up on setting the valves on my D13. The engine is barred over by installing a little tool that's about the same size as a largeish socket in a hole underneath the starter and turning with a ratchet. It works by engaging the flywheel but now for the "pain in the backside" bit. The witness marks are on the cam at the front of the engine. So with no help the procedure will be climb up on wheel and look for witness mark, climb down and crawl under truck to turn engine over "a little bit", climb up have a look, climb down and turn engine, climb up and curse loudly because it went just too far, repeat and repeat and repeat. This has to be done 12 times as the engine brake has it's own set of witness marks for each cylinder.

I'm happy with the Volvo in regards to the power and economy but the proprietary specialty tools required to work on them does get a bit pricey.

A go-pro and a cell phone would be good for that.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
04-01-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISC issues ) 
De-mandate in progress...

The DPF was up and over 6" of pressure...

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Waterloo
You got with Ryan eh? He will fix you up! Looks good!
replyreply
(04-01-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  You got with Ryan eh? He will fix you up! Looks good!

Yes Ryan and I connected. Now I have my new IMAP sensor to install and a bit more tuning to reduce the smoke...

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201704/post_2712_1491099936_fd949551617ab62ab471c50732198a1e.png./uploads/201704/post_2712_1491099957_1655f5cfda7470f79954f3703e3025d3.png
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
You are in good hands! ;-)
replyreply
i may have gotten heavy with the ofc slightly.... i was feeling generous.
replyreply
New IMAP going in!

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.