Worn out cab bushings
03-12-2017, (Subject: Worn out cab bushings ) 
Worn out cab bushings
If I had to guess, I'd say these were original bushings.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , in2trux
03-12-2017, (Subject: Worn out cab bushings ) 
RE: Worn out cab bushings
Wow, those look bad.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-13-2017, (Subject: Worn out cab bushings ) 
How hard were they to replace?

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
03-14-2017, (Subject: Worn out cab bushings ) 
(03-13-2017 )in2trux Wrote:  How hard were they to replace?

If you can get to them they are pretty easy to swap out.. The bushings on my peterbilt looked about as bad as the ones pictured above. I found the easiest thing to do was jack up the cab an inch or so and get a metal cutting blade and a reciprocating saw and cut right through the insert and bolt.. Easy out Easy in.. But again this is if you can get reach them easily.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: in2trux
03-15-2017, (Subject: Worn out cab bushings ) 
(03-13-2017 )in2trux Wrote:  How hard were they to replace?

Very easy, I used a bottle jack and a 4x4 to lift the cab and a crescent wrench on the nut on top an impact on the bottom, and off they came. Just be sure to get the old washer and bushing off, mine kind of corroded in and I didn't even realize it until I tried for a while to get the new ones to fit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: in2trux
I watched a mechanic replace a set on a ProStar, used a large cherry picker and wrapped a strap around the cab mount and jacked it up. Used a hammer to knock the old mount out and slipped in the new one, lowered the cab and installed the bolt. Took him all of ten minutes, if that, to do a side. He made it look easy.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
(03-15-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  I watched a mechanic replace a set on a ProStar, used a large cherry picker and wrapped a strap around the cab mount and jacked it up. Used a hammer to knock the old mount out and slipped in the new one, lowered the cab and installed the bolt. Took him all of ten minutes, if that, to do a side. He made it look easy.

first of all they drop out of the bottom of the mount with 2 little bolts. There IS NO HAMMERING THEM OUT unless you are a complete idiot!. Next, you can simple just use a bottle jack or car jack and a 4x4 under the support to take the weight, no need for lifting it at all. Simply unbolt the thru-bolt for the bushing itself, then simply remove the 2 small retaining bolts in the bottom if it. It falls out in your hand without lifting anything. - Easiest cab mounts I have seen on any truck to replace.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , in2trux , sbtrucking
He was beating on something! That truck was in rough shape, and I mean rough. There was not a corner on it that had not been abused. I was surprised the damn thing even made it down the road. Eight mismatched near bald drive tires, the front suspension was shot, I had never seen such a cupped and chunked out SET of steer tires in my life. And the cab mounts were the least of the owners worries, the cab sleeper shocks were shot. I told them to keep that thing away from my truck as I did not want her to catch anything! LOL! This truck had rust and rot on her and was just beat all to hell... Seriously, I rarely see such things, even up here in Detroit. And we have some real junk on the roads up here.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
11-11-2017, (Subject: Worn out cab bushings ) 
(03-15-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-15-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  I watched a mechanic replace a set on a ProStar, used a large cherry picker and wrapped a strap around the cab mount and jacked it up. Used a hammer to knock the old mount out and slipped in the new one, lowered the cab and installed the bolt. Took him all of ten minutes, if that, to do a side. He made it look easy.

first of all they drop out of the bottom of the mount with 2 little bolts. There IS NO HAMMERING THEM OUT unless you are a complete idiot!. Next, you can simple just use a bottle jack or car jack and a 4x4 under the support to take the weight, no need for lifting it at all. Simply unbolt the thru-bolt for the bushing itself, then simply remove the 2 small retaining bolts in the bottom if it. It falls out in your hand without lifting anything. - Easiest cab mounts I have seen on any truck to replace.

whats the part # mine are toast to 09 prostar thanks
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.